Prove God!!! If you will

MrShangles

my thinking of the Bible is that it was written many years ago by someone’s interpretation of something some one told them that had happened, and then has been rewritten by someone else, ( and humans are known to lie ). It could all be true. Other than faith, what proof is there?

groundhawg

my thinking of the Bible is that it was written many years ago by someone’s interpretation of something some one told them that had happened, and then has been rewritten by someone else, ( and humans are known to lie ). It could all be true. Other than faith, what proof is there?

Proof of what, who wrote the Bible, proof of God, what are you questioning?

gordon 2

Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.

Joshua 21:45

If one is not aware of the words spoken, of the good things spoken, to the house of Israel, than this is meaningless. But more or best yet, if one is of this house what has come to pass is sufficient proof of the unique creator of the words spoken.

j_seph

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

j_seph

The one proof I can give is when the doctor ask, what have you been doing different. When the answer to that question is prayer, lots of prayer. Then the doctor has to look at you and state, "This does not happen, there is no medical explanation, this just does not go away." Well my wife only asked in faith that if she could touch the hem of his garment she knew, (KNEW NOT THOUGHT) she would be healed. If you seek God sincerely, you will not have to ask anyone to prove God to you. He will gladly beyond a shadow of a doubt prove himself to you. Now whether he would if it was just a okay God if you exist prove it, I do not know. It starts with a measure of faith we are all given. Earnestly seeking him, because you want him in your life and realize you need him in your life. I believe 110% he will prove himself.

jbogg

I spent 12 years in Catholic school, so safe to say my parents were very devout. After college I married a nice southern Baptist girl who has put up with me for over 30 years. Throughout my life I always questioned and often doubted God‘s existence. I was very relieved after reading the book Faith and Doubt by John Ortberg to discover that doubt it’s not only common, but it is required for there to be faith. 2+2 = 4. That does not require faith. Belief in God does.

ClemsonRangers

your body produces billions of chemical reactions, some to make electricity, just to take a breath is proof enough for me

imagine a sack of slime, able to create electricity from dirt, conduct electricity inside something 70% water, sitting on a rock perfectly positioned to a heat source to sustain life

LittleDrummerBoy

Paul declared that God has given proof to all men by raising Jesus from the dead. (Acts 17)

I can't do more for you. I have my testimony of the risen Jesus saving me from my sin and answering my prayers. But many write off these testimonies of believers with psychobabble.

But what will you do when you stand before God? What will you say? That the resurrection was insufficient proof? That the Christians he sent to tell you were unconvincing?

MrShangles

Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.

Joshua 21:45

If one is not aware of the words spoken, of the good things spoken, to the house of Israel, than this is meaningless. But more or best yet, if one is of this house what has come to pass is sufficient proof of the unique creator of the words spoken.
Ok like I said, someone said something, where you their to hear those spoken words? So do you believe everything someone says that was written by someone that wasn’t even there either. And another thing, those words are So vague that each person reading it could have different conclusions.

MrShangles

Paul declared that God has given proof to all men by raising Jesus from the dead. (Acts 17)

I can't do more for you. I have my testimony of the risen Jesus saving me from my sin and answering my prayers. But many write off these testimonies of believers with psychobabble.

But what will you do when you stand before God? What will you say? That the resurrection was insufficient proof? That the Christians he sent to tell you were unconvincing?

What hard evidence is there. I could read you things out of a fiction novel but does that make it true.
To answer your what if’s . I would believe then and would ask the all knowing all caring God didn’t he make me in his image and know that I would have questions.
And I’m offended that you call my questions psychobabble, aren’t you supposed to as a believer help other non believers find the path to god?
Maybe just tell me I have to follow blind faith because it’s in a book that people wrote.
But anyway I like your YouTube videos.

Madman

What hard evidence is there. I could read you things out of a fiction novel but does that make it true.
To answer your what if’s . I would believe then and would ask the all knowing all caring God didn’t he make me in his image and know that I would have questions.
And I’m offended that you call my questions psychobabble, aren’t you supposed to as a believer help other non believers find the path to god?
Maybe just tell me I have to follow blind faith because it’s in a book that people wrote.
ex nihilo nihil fit

gemcgrew

Are you now appealing to the authority of the Bible in order to correct him? Do you even know that you are doing this?

Israel

BANNED
your body produces billions of chemical reactions, some to make electricity, just to take a breath is proof enough for me

imagine a sack of slime, able to create electricity from dirt, conduct electricity inside something 70% water, sitting on a rock perfectly positioned to a heat source to sustain life
and thinking that it could imagine that!

Israel

BANNED
What hard evidence isn't there?

How hard would you like?

gordon 2

The available body of facts are great in number.