Putnam County 2020-2021

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I am still hunting a little place over in the Crooked Creek community. Any other Putnam hunters lurking about?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Marvin, lost the lease on Pea Ridge. The land was to be divided and sold. I may have access to a small privately owned section but, at this time, it's not for sure.

Sorry to hear about this Fred. Hopefully you and I can get together to hunt some this season. I should have more time since I plan to retire next month.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’m huntin putnam again this year Milkman.
Waiting for the good one I seen last year right at the end of season.
The only reason he’s so big is I left him to grow years ago. Lol
GoodLuck with the little ones.:bounce:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about this Fred. Hopefully you and I can get together to hunt some this season. I should have more time since I plan to retire next month.
Marvin, we should try to get together. Best of luck on your retirement!

Bigga Trust

Yep, still here. Haven't done much to prep for fall, but starting to kick things around. I know there are lots of folks that hunt in Putnam but maybe not on this forum.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I live and hunt in Putnam. NF land. Actually born and raised here. Retired and hunt and fish here. Just don’t talk a lot about it ????

7Mag Hunter

Lots of good places to hunt on the ONF....Liberal doe limits have caused a decrease in deer heard but now that they have decreased doe days and more BO hunts the deer # should increase in the next 3-4 years...

trad bow

My house backs up to national forest. Either people are bad shots or a lot of deer not being reported. I fear the latter.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
PERMANENTLY CLOSED

For anyone wondering....... I confirmed with Steve Leonhardt that his processing place on Crooked Creek Road will be open. His sign got destroyed by a driver who swerved to miss a deer.

Last edited:

fredw

Retired Moderator
Marvin, can still be counted as a Putnam County hunter. Member of a very small club with 70 acres in Putnam and 80 acres in Greene.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Marvin, can still be counted as a Putnam County hunter. Member of a very small club with 70 acres in Putnam and 80 acres in Greene.

?????????

Dreamer69

For anyone wondering....... I confirmed with Steve Leonhardt that his processing place on Crooked Creek Road will be open. His sign got destroyed by a driver who swerved to miss a deer.

He is a good man and love his processed meat. I have used him for several years. But I am not in a club this year. Any of yall needing or looking for members. My weekender is in the crooked creek area. There is a guy that hunts off of Old Copelan Rd and I been wanting to ask him if any of yall know who that is? Thanks yall have fun hunting this year.

trad bow