Questions for our game wardens on here

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I can't understand anyone who brags, is proud, or grandstands over shooting an animal over bait / feed trough. That isn't hunting. That is taking advantage of a conditioned animal to assasinate it at its weakest when guard is down. High fives all around. I wonder if when they hang that shoulder mount if there is a can of corn under its mouth ...
Just had my kid go add some more corn to the pile I stare at daily from my desk. It just has this glow about it. It’s like looking at a HOT Woman Or my Sexy F150. It screams FREEDOM BABY!
1E0AA521-303A-4A4F-A60A-8DF67ADABFB9.jpeg
8410E8BF-55F4-4033-AD8E-5F9972E88D29.jpeg
A76741AB-8C30-4C81-BD7F-D71D0F04FE13.png
18A0F883-981B-4605-93D9-953408EE9460.jpeg

Resica

Because I don't turkey hunt, I don't get worked up about turkey violations. Hard for me to understand why a fella can bait deer but not turkey. Folks have tried explainin' it to me but in the end I always think it comes down to makin' it too easy to kill em. Why is that bad for turkeys but not deer, bears, etc? Same as a fellas shootin' too many bucks doesn't bother me much because I am more about backstrap and shoulder roast than I am about antlers. It's all perspective.
If you were a serious turkey hunter would you care?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
.....and more than a few shorts, and mebbe a few longs.

Just sayin', redfish is all kinda good eatin.
I’m gonna grab this one…..I’ll save mine for snook! But a pile of redfish came home with us ever day when we were in school!
First snook I ever caught was with my first throw of a 12’ castnet! It opened up beautifully just like in the yard where I learned and practiced. I thought I had a few mullet til my friend(owner of net and mentor), excitedly announced “ITS A SNOOK!”

Ok question-Is there an opening in this OPs lease yet? I hear you can hunt turkeys all season long, over bait. I am new to this useless Billy thing……just saying

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Charges would be out of season.
With a rifle.
Over bait.
To begin with.

sleepr71

GW told a buddy of mine about 10 years ago… “You’d be better off to shoot a human, than a hen turkey”…so…Santa isn’t coming to see these fellas this year :ROFLMAO:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
If you were a serious turkey hunter would you care?

Hard to say. I spent a lotta time gettin worked up over folks shooting too many deer and eventually realized nobody gives a darn about anybodys experience but their own. Changed my perspective on pretty much everything hunting related. I’ve seen an awful lot of shenanigans related to hunting and I e never called LEO no matter how upset I may have been. I can also look in the mirror and know I’ve done plenty of stuff other folks would be tore up about too.

There isnt much goes on out there huntin related that I’m gonna lose sleep over.

Jim Boyd

Wow. Just finding this.
The last club I was in made me run the gauntlet before I could get in: Meet with the sponsoring member at the club to see it first hand, after I passed his sniff test, I had to attend a club meeting and, literally, sit in a chair at the front of the room while anybody and everybody asked me questions for 30-min or more. I then left the room while they discussed and voted on whether to let me join.

I thought it was perfect, as I am very picky about who I want to be in a club with. We never had members that weren't vetted before we even had a discussion with them. This wasn't a "big time" club, just a bunch of guys that wanted their sons to be around men they were comfortable with.

I can say with 100% certainty, if that had happened in our club, those guys would be out before sunset.

Amen.

I see nothing wrong with vetting members.

I also see nothing wrong with getting rid of the ones that are not good members.

That is basically the bottom line of this thread, long as it is…..

I can tell you this,,, you could go downtown Denmark SC and beat a deer to death with a club and hardly raise an eyebrow. You so much as sneeze in the direction of ANY Turkey and they put you UNDER the jail.

chase870

Possum Sox
There's a couple things in life you just don't do.
1. Call the cops
2. Snitch
There are two exceptions to that, children and old people. We add the helpless and those who can't defend themselves in these two groups. Even the hardest of outlaws for the most part will defend these people, street justice or snitching as a last resort

dslc6487

Agree with post 207...this day and time it is better to shoot a human than a hen turkey........if you shoot a human this day and time chances you will be placed on a cashless bond and turned free..........shoot a hen turkey and it is a total different ball game.........

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yep. This thread has went full Billy and Slayer has derailed it and run it offt through the ditch and halfway out in the field and then bogged all 4 wheels down in the mud up to the frame rails.

To the OP, why haven't you called the GW and turned them in?

Yep. This thread has went full Billy and Slayer has derailed it and run it offt through the ditch and halfway out in the field and then bogged all 4 wheels down in the mud up to the frame rails.

Fella has a way of doing that don’t he ? Lol

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Fella has a way of doing that don’t he ? Lol
75m5ji.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer