I'm curious about interacting with Game Wardens

Bigga Trust

Years ago friend of mine had a opening day paid dove shoot, someone(we think it was his brother) called the GW the night before and gave property address and said the field was baited (it wasnt). Young green GW showed up at primetime was all fired up and was convinced the field was baited and kept saying over and over land owner shouldnt make a profit with our natural resources. Needless to say, ruined the dove shoot.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
You failed to answer why there is a need for a window tint law.
If it's a vision issue, they should also check the tint of peoples sunglasses to make sure they don't pose the same problem.

One can remove sunglasses at night, over tinted windows, not so much.

My point would be clear unless your sunglasses are too dark or you are wearing them on at night.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
My point would be clear unless your sunglasses are too dark or you are wearing them on at night.
And my point is you can still get pulled over for window tint during the day.
I'll end it here.

The window tint law makes it harder for LE to do a visual search of your vehicle as they walk by it and is also a smokescreen for a stop.

There is no public safety reason for it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Over tinted windows are a violation of the law in the daytime and at night. This law was passed by your elected representatives. If you disagree with it you can work to have it repealed.

I'll end it here as well --- unless LOL

Rebel 3

You failed to answer why there is a need for a window tint law.
If it's a vision issue, they should also check the tint of peoples sunglasses to make sure they don't pose the same problem.
Because you can take off sun glasses if visibility is a problem. It's not practical or possible at times to roll windows down. Silly question. You are trying to make an absurd point.

K80Shooter

Years ago friend of mine had a opening day paid dove shoot, someone(we think it was his brother) called the GW the night before and gave property address and said the field was baited (it wasnt). Young green GW showed up at primetime was all fired up and was convinced the field was baited and kept saying over and over land owner shouldnt make a profit with our natural resources. Needless to say, ruined the dove shoot.
I've been checked on the dove fields many times & it has never ruined a hunt where I was. I just kept hunting until he made it over to me, showed my license, he checked my shotgun and left.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've been checked on the dove fields many times & it has never ruined a hunt where I was. I just kept hunting until he made it over to me, showed my license, he checked my shotgun and left.
I've never had a warden come out in the field and check me. They usually check you on dove fields where I hunt after shooting hours when everybody is coming back out to the parking lot.

Tight Lines

I've only ever gotten one ticket ever from a GW or DNR officer in probably 40 years of needing a license. Been checked many many times, especially fly fishing out West.

The time I was busted I had lead shot instead of steel hunting pheasants in a migratory game bird area. Was a simple oversight on my part, didn't really think about needing steel to hunt pheasants.

The GW was nice, only ticketed me for what was in the firearm, vs. what was in my shell bag...could have been a lot worse. And I was in the wrong...

Every other interaction I've had with them has been pleasant and they are just doing their jobs...

I don't want more .Gov oversight, but I also don't get the folks that say that they want the criminals stopped that are stealing, speeding, shoplifting, poaching, using bait, the wrong tackle, etc. but don't want to be inconvenienced with a stop or a license check. Most criminals don't wave the LEO down and say, hey man I just committed a crime...so what are they supposed to do?

Can't really have it both ways.

I flew into Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv. And this was long before the current situation. It's a complete PITA for a non-Israeli. It's a long hot process, in and out. But they are nice, just doing a job, and they keep that place super safe. It's a trade off...you can be fast and not have any inconvenience, or you can be safe...the Israelis don't care if you are inconvenienced, they are going to be safe no matter what...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Me and my crew got checked by a GW just yesterday, squirrel hunting on a WMA...

It was an entirely enjoyable and professional exchange with a guy doing his job.

He even gave us a couple of fine looking spots to check out.

I was disappointed that he didn't violate any of our rights, fish for incriminating evidence, lie to us, or over step his authori-taw...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Me and my crew got checked by a GW just yesterday, squirrel hunting on a WMA...

It was an entirely enjoyable and professional exchange with a guy doing his job.

He even gave us a couple of fine looking spots to check out.

I was disappointed that he didn't violate any of our rights, fish for incriminating evidence, lie to us, or over step his authori-taw...

He didn't even hit y'all up with the open fields doctrine? Sounds like a nice guy. :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Mauser

Never an issue with them myself,glad I made it through my wild younger years without any tickets. Could still be under the jail for stuff we used to do. Years ago me and a buddy were fishing on eufaula,got checked 3 times that day by three different wardens. The first one,who i know didn’t check us,just pulled up and talked for an hour. Then got checked by another on the way to the ramp,then took out and got checked by one hiding in the bushes at the ramp,he was a jerk.

Silent Assassin

Just try to remember what LEOs and GWs are up against at times and try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't think anyone here would enjoy pulling someone over for something at night and approaching that vehicle with dark tinted windows you could not see into. It is bad enough knowing the person could be armed with the intent to use it on you if you can see but it is even worse if you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.
How many people here would like to approach a car at night by yourself that you are suspecting of shooting game at night or witnessed it knowing multiple people are involved and it is in a remote area? It's all Billy Bad until you are faced with it by yourself on a dark night in a remote location with no help. There is such a bad opinion on today's police officers that I would not wish that job on anyone. Too many Americans think they have the right to spit in your face and could care a less if they left you on the road for dead.