Rabbit hunting acreage

sportsman94

Is there a minimum amount of acreage that y’all who run rabbit dogs will run on? We own almost 70 acres in Eastman Ga that I Suspect holds plenty of rabbits. Lots of thicket, briars, gallberry bushes, a little bit of swamp, and 40 acre clearcut. Would love to have someone bring some dogs up after deer season and see if we could get on some rabbits, but don’t know if that amount of acreage is worth it for anyone.
Thanks

specialk

well......if there's no homes within a mile, and you're surrounded by other deer leases on all sides, then maybe....i've hunted small tracts before with luck, normally using 2-3 dogs at most.....i prefer 300acs+......

thomas gose

Is there a minimum amount of acreage that y’all who run rabbit dogs will run on? We own almost 70 acres in Eastman Ga that I Suspect holds plenty of rabbits. Lots of thicket, briars, gallberry bushes, a little bit of swamp, and 40 acre clearcut. Would love to have someone bring some dogs up after deer season and see if we could get on some rabbits, but don’t know if that amount of acreage is worth it for anyone.
Thanks
Send me a message. We hunt an 80 acre spot not far from Eastmanmaybe we can't work it out