Rifle check for deer season!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Three rifles.

Henry SS .308 180gr. round nose CoreLokt.

Browning XBolt .308 150gr SST handload.

Howa Mini 6.5G, 123gr SST.

One round each. Fired off a sandbag at the backyard range.

Three dead snuff cans at 100.

Done, in about 10 minutes.

It's nice when things go like they are supposed to go.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Ruger All Weather skeleton stock .308. Headed to the range this Thursday. I added new scope for this season. Bore sighted it today. I‘ll be shooting Norma Whitetail 150 grain soft points.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Did the same except no snuff cans just paper...
.243 Win Model 700(80 gr.TTSX) .25/06 Browning Abolt(80 gr.TTSX), .308 Win. Savage Axis(130 gr. TTSX) & a .270 WSM Model 70( 130 Accubond)...

All minute of snuff can....100 yards...

What can I say, I like to see stuff 'Splode, and experience has shown that I shoot better "at something" rather than paper. I fill the cans with bird seed or scratch feed, and the critters like my gun range!!!

:bounce:

specialk

Great minds think alike....shot each of our 3 guns, twice each, cut 2 bullseyes on all three, didnt have to touch a turret.....ready for Saturday!

BriarPatch99

I had to move the scope on the .243... old wood stock 700... nothing but two clicks right... it will put 3 in a 1/2" ...if I do my part...

The .270 WSM needs about three clicks left.... don't think it got shot at all last year.... it will put the AB in about <3/4" for 3 shots...

.25/06 is about gone so snuff can is about the best it can do anymore... group was located normal spot...

The .308 really could use some tweaking with the loads.... still snuff can as is ....

All are dead deer if the shooter does their part.... I didn't rush my shooting and kinda made a part afternoon doing so...

Big7

The Oracle
Reckon the lid would be tight enough? A buddy told me it don't work.

I say it will.

Have you done it?

I just happen to have 4 pounds ....
It will.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
There’s a “hold my beer” in this thread somewhere.

fatback

I have only used 1 rifle for everything for the last 18 years. A 300 win mag. with 180 grain nosler partitions. No need to change but I have expanded my choices over the last year and am really looking forward to using some new to me rifles this season to shoot a few critters. I will be using a 30.06 with 180 grain Swift Sirrocos, 25.06 not sure what ammo yet, and a .270 with 150 grain nosler partitions.