Rifle check for deer season!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Then sell me the Ruger #3, I want one!

And you can change your name to RugerAllWeather.308!!

:bounce:
You’re just that kinda guy, always looking to help. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’d like a #1 in .308 but there was limited production in .308.
It might take buying a rifle then having a new barrel put on it.
Not something I need, definitely something I want.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Got a new rifle. Henry single shot in 45-70. Tried to sight it in last Sunday. Got set up, and squeezed off a shot and click. Tried again, click. Tried a few more times and got a click. Took the scope off and sighted down the barrel, squeezed one off and boom. Scope was too low and the hammer was hitting the scope even thought it looked like there was clearance. Had to order some higher rings. Got the scope removed and going to try again tomorrow.
Just an FYI, the one shot I got off without the scope was really tame for a 45-70. Less felt recoil that my lever 45-70. I think I’m really going to like this rifle.
My Henry 45-70 was much tamer than what I expected also. More of a push than a super sharp recoil.

My main goal this year is to get a deer with my new Glock 40 MOS topped with a Holosun reflex. For rifles, I will be using my Savage Axis Compact in 350 Legend. I've bragged about that rifle on here for a couple years. My second string will be my Savage 110 in 7mm-08 and a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Not one of those Boat Paddle thangs is it ::ke:

Seems like more of us hunt like that. Mine is a Cabella's Fat Boy (called Black Out now) arm less chair, A Mono Trigger Stick or BOG and my Bush-In-A-Bag
I don't use their head cover
Why yes it certainly is, just like the one in this pic.
I saw on one of the gun sales sites they were going for almost 2K with a good scope.

IMG_2325.jpeg

krizia829

Main rifle:
Remington 700 SPS .30-06

Backup/Short range spots rifle:
Ruger 44 Carbine

SC Hunter

I`ll be using the same old single shot rifle that I`ve used for the last 30 years.
@Nicodemus posting pictures of that rifle is going to have my wife mad at me again. If I slip up and find one in 270 or 30-06 I'll just tell her I'm sorry and I love her. That could turn into my last rifle kind of rifle purchase.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
@Nicodemus posting pictures of that rifle is going to have my wife mad at me again. If I slip up and find one in 270 or 30-06 I'll just tell her I'm sorry and I love her. That could turn into my last rifle kind of rifle purchase.
Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission! :bounce:

Reactions: Dub

SC Hunter

I picked up 2 boxes of 6.5 bleedmoor blue box federal 140 grain today at the wally world. I threw 1 in my bergara and put a natural light can full of tap water in front of the target we've been shooting. I walked off 118 yards to where I have a table set up and leaned on the table, when I touched the trigger the can blew up and my wife says "baby what just happened??". I said sugar booger these shoot to the same spot as what I've been shooting. I picked them up just as extra to have, I feel like I need to start buying cases of ammo when I can.

Attachments

• 20231019_155842.jpg
    20231019_155842.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 10