Rifle check for deer season!

GeorgiaGlockMan

I will probably start rifle hunting with lil' Blackie, my henry x-model in 44mag.

She stays sighted in. Lol.

Eta ... 1.. She is sporting a new black sling.

2.. I caint even see a dip can at 100 yds.

Plus I just quit Copenhagen LC after 45 +/- years so there's that!

Attachments

• 20221125_074057.jpg
    20221125_074057.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 4

Mars

I will probably start rifle hunting with lil' Blackie, my henry x-model in 44mag.

I love 44mag and I've been itching for an X model since they came out. Maybe one day....

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Much respect for putting down the Copenhagen.
Well done sir. (y)

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got the Henry sighted in. It is the sweetest shooting gun I own. Really good trigger and very manageable recoil for a 45-70. Now I just need a cooperative deer.
I really like my Henry .308. It was worth the wait.

I can’t make myself stop toting the Grendel. It’s just too much fun. One of these days I’ll get one of my old canons back out I guess, or maybe not.

My Howa Mini Grendel is leading off the season, I hope it's as much fun as I think it's gonna be...

10 days off, starting tomorrow!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
@Nicodemus posting pictures of that rifle is going to have my wife mad at me again. If I slip up and find one in 270 or 30-06 I'll just tell her I'm sorry and I love her. That could turn into my last rifle kind of rifle purchase.

Kinda like me wanting that Shiloh Sharp`s 22 magnum rifle. It`s expensive though. Real expensive.....

Stevie Ray

The usual suspects will be my old tried and true Model '94 in 30-30, Model 70 in .270 or Marlin 1894 in 45-70. They're all dialed in and ready for opening day.

Good luck everybody!

Big7

The Oracle
I got a few set and/or confirmed but according to what I have scouted so far, looks like the Marlin gets the nod this weekend.

So now we got rain and I STILL ain't got the cargo bay in the little van cleaned out and the seats collapsed so I'll have a tiny "camper" to sleep in.
Got to get busy on that today. Got some food and stuff gathered up and ready to go.
20231018_231154.jpg20231019_160452_HDR.jpg

FlipKing

@FlipKing which one of those do you like better?
Overall rifle, I prefer the Waypoint. If you asked me to hit a shot that my life depended on, I'd grab the Ridgeline. But the Waypoint meets the 0.75 MOA guarantee easily. The Ridgeline being in 6.5 gives it a small accuracy advantage I think.

Big7

The Oracle
Me:
Trying to figure out if I want to camp and make a night/weekend out of it OR.... Try to sleep a little today and get up 4 ish and be there to park at 5 ish.

It's 50 mins/1 hour walking to my stand (almost 2 miles) and I want to get in there way before everybody else starts moving. That would put me an hour settled in before shooting light.

Me also:
Wondering if everybody else is going in early and waiting for the crowd to kick em' up too?

Me also:
Waiting until Monday or anytime during the week and go when the chances are better I might not get shot on public land.

I'm thinking when the fireworks start, I might get a shot at one headed for the backcountry where I'll already be settled in.

Big7

The Oracle
You gonna use that on that land you dont have permission to hunt on? Ever load those subsonic 3030s?
Nah.. I just troll to see how many stupid responses I can get.

The same 2 or 3 always show up.

Waiting on the other 2.