Riptide Ulterra

slow motion

Been wanting a Riptide Ulterra for a while now. The auto stow and deploy really interests me as I am usually by myself and have to face the fact that my balance isn't what it once was. If there was a 12 volt option I would have already had one. It's the weight of 2 more batteries that I don't want. I believe my little skiff would be fine with less thrust. Though when was less power the answer to anything. Online reviews have several complaints about issues with the stow and deploy function. Believe it to be more of an isolated thing but wondering what others experience might be. Also is there something specific to aid in not having those issues. Wash down well but what else? Maybe spray with a waterproofing agent? Definitely getting one shortly just would like some real world feedback.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
My 36 V has never failed to do what it is supposed to do.
I had some issues early on thinking it was losing its spot lock when I was under a bridge. Then again in the surf. Then one day it failed to stow on me and I had to use the emergency stow procedure. That was a pain but in trying to fix it I realized that the power plug was losing contact in the receptacle. I bent the prongs around a little bit so they would have some more friction and hold tighter and never had another problem.
After over 2 and a 1/2 years, I think the battery life in my remote control is diminishing a little. Just have to keep a charging cable on board now. If that battery went flat I could still control the unit with my Humminbird.
No other trolling motor would do for me right now...

slow motion

Btw. Scallop season opens in St Marks tomorrow morning. I'm not a fan of getting out of the boat myself but my better half she sure does love her some scallops. So maybe Jerry Reed needs to add another verse to the song because we are southbound and down. Good luck day anybody and everybody hitting the water tomorrow.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I went with the terrova because I didn’t want the self deploy issues I’d read about but I will say it was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I can’t imagine fishing without one now.

Hunter/Mason

My Motorguide do XI5 is shot it’s a 2017. Never had a motorguide before and will never again. If you can find a trolling motor right now you better buy it. I’ve been all over looking for a 36v 72” shaft. No luck so far anywhere. I’m scared of the auto deploy so I want to stay with the Terrova. I’ve had 2 with no issues. If I could find a rhodan I think I’d like to try 1.

nc dawg

I ordered a riptide ulterra April 12 and the last thing I heard about it was I should get it around July the 30? I shore hope so,glad I didn’t sell my XI5 and will prolly hang it up in the shed for a backup.crazy!

slow motion

Side note. Won't be in the boat tomorrow. Waiting on a tow truck in Columbus. After stopping for gas made it about a mile and the truck shut off. Not new but haven't had this one long. First trip over 100 miles from home. Not sure if I got bad fuel or if an issue with the truck. Oh well. Did find this at the pump.IMG_1100.jpg

slow motion

No idea what it is. Hair is reddish brown.

slow motion

Still waiting on a tow truck. That roadside assistance company with several A's in their name may need to change them to F's

slow motion

Hope you ain’t in south columbus at that hour
Nah. On Martha Berry hwy about 6 miles past 185. Cuts through part of the base. They train Army Ranger here. Safe as in your momma's arms. Still here by the way. Finally around 4am they informed me you can't get a long distance tow at night. So we caught a few z's in the truck. Would have been nice if they had told me when I first called at 11:45. Would have had it towed to a motel until this morning but hey who doesn't love an adventure.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Side note. Won't be in the boat tomorrow. Waiting on a tow truck in Columbus. After stopping for gas made it about a mile and the truck shut off. Not new but haven't had this one long. First trip over 100 miles from home. Not sure if I got bad fuel or if an issue with the truck. Oh well. Did find this at the pump.View attachment 1088374

I do believe that`s a black bear claw.

slow motion

Gonna get it home. Sleep a little more and try again.

slow motion

I thought it might be. Didn't want to sound stupid. Funny thing is though it was laying on the elevated curb around the gas pumps at the raceway gas station in Columbus right by 185 on Martha Berry highway. My wife put it in a ziplock bag. Will take a few more pictures when I get home.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I thought it might be. Didn't want to sound stupid. Funny thing is though it was laying on the elevated curb around the gas pumps at the raceway gas station in Columbus right by 185 on Martha Berry highway. My wife put it in a ziplock bag. Will take a few more pictures when I get home.

Somebody probably had it in their pocket and lost it.