Salmon or Samon

Hillbilly stalker

Best I could ever figure out from listening to the old folks was a single quarter instead of two dimes and a nickle or five nickles. Not real sure.
Yep, I learnt that from the older black folks in town. Usually older women with Peach snuff running down their cheek. They could tell you some tales.

bighonkinjeep

Do what happened?
Seems the subject changed suddenly.
Did we all finally agree "sammin pattys" is the correct southern pronunciation?
I was shocked it took 2 pages for someone to spell it phonetically correct.
And if they aint made with sauteed onion and green pappers and corn meal in em, fried crispy and always served with biscuits then yall aint livin right.

slow motion

Do what happened?
And if they aint made with sauteed onion and green pappers and corn meal in em, fried crispy and always served with biscuits then yall aint livin right.
Sorry but no. There is an L in salmon and it ain't silent.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A few apples and pecans too. If by orange slices you mean those orange jelly bean textured crap with sugar on the outsides just know we're here for you brother. I'm sure there's a support group for folks forced to eat that, circus peanuts, and that greatest of lies, candy corn which is neither candy or corn.
I absolutely love orange slices and circus peanuts to this day. I can eat a dishpan full of either. I have always hated candy corn, even when I was a kid. Those red cherry orange slices, I can eat by the ton.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do what happened?
NO. It's SALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-mun. Sammin is the correct yankee pronunciation.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Salmon: sammin :: Coke: pop.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wasper.