Saturday night cookin'.........whatcha rolling with tonight ???

Dr. Strangelove

Bout to boil some giant Lowcountry Crawfish…and they are absolute giants. I’ve enjoyed having my son with me working on the farm this weekend and he “hand selected” his crawfish for tonight’s boil…View attachment 1306407
We did 15lbs of potatoes, 5lbs of onions, 10lbs of sausage, 36 1/2 ears of corn, 10lbs of shrimp, 20lbs of crab legs and 30lbs of live crawfish this afternoon at our annual Crawfish Fest. I'll have to see if anyone took pics, I was too busy cooking. Barely got anything to eat, lol.
Nice looking meal @Dub. Haven't tried it yet but I ran across this at AldisView attachment 1306414
I tried it and liked it. It's enough for two, I added some crab legs but otherwise cooked to the package directions. I used half half the seasoning packet in the boil and felt it was just right.

We had commemorative shot glasses made for this year's Crawfish Fest:

1716083516953.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That Sounds like an excellent idea. It's not a special occasion is it?
@NCHillbilly
Nope, we just been working our butts off on the house and yard the last few days, and probably haven’t ate supper out in nearly a year, so we decided to treat ourselves.
Alligator tail appetizer:

IMG_0766.jpeg

Cajun gulf popcorn shrimp platter:

IMG_0768.jpeg
Was good.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks good! I'm fixin' to head into Waynesville to Maggie's Galley and get me a seafood combo platter for a change. I ain't et out in a long time.

One of the best seafood restaurants in the country. :rockon: