Saw My Old Buddy Elvis Today

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Riding through some of my hunting woods today with dad, and saw my little buddy Elvis near his gopher hole. Been seeing him there for 2 or 3 years now, I reckon. His hole is right beside the dirt road, and I usually see him in it. But today I caught him a short distance from it. If I were to ride up on him when he's right next to his hole, he'll haul tail down in it to hide. He's a little camera shy. :bounce: When I'm in the area, I will always ride that way to check on him. They're cool little jokers.

I call it a he, but there's no telling how old he/she is. They can live a very long time. Just look at that face. He looks very angry! :bounce:

See you again before long, Elvis!

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3060.JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cool critters. I've never saw but one in the wild. I was down in Wilcox County near Abbeville hog hunting several years ago, and saw one under a plum tree gobbling fallen plums. They're bigger than I expected.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Elvis is a straight up Tortoise right? I remember every once in a while we’d see one growing up in Florida. He’s a stud and she’s gorgeous…….which ever applies :ROFLMAO:
Hope it doesn’t have to go too far for eats. Your very fortunate to have a wild pet like that. Bet it’d tear up a carrot if it found one close by……just saying.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Elvis is a straight up Tortoise right? I remember every once in a while we’d see one growing up in Florida. He’s a stud and she’s gorgeous…….which ever applies :ROFLMAO:
Hope it doesn’t have to go too far for eats. Your very fortunate to have a wild pet like that. Bet it’d tear up a carrot if it found one close by……just saying.
He’s a Tortoise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_tortoise