Schley County??

Last Minute

Looking for some info on Schley County. Just got the opportunity to pick up a pretty good size lease right outside Ellaville but have never hunted the area. Lease has a big creek running through it and various age pines from just planted to 10 years old. How's the deer herd in the area? How about hogs? Any info is greatly appreciated.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
They have hogs there. All that area has good deer. Leases go fast. If u have the means. Get it. If big enough u can work the place and in a few years improve what’s there.
My guess it’s timber land by what u have said.

flatwoods

Never hunted there but it's in a good area of the state.
With the lease situation now days, if I could find anything within an hour of home, I'd jump on it.

Last Minute

They have hogs there. All that area has good deer. Leases go fast. If u have the means. Get it. If big enough u can work the place and in a few years improve what’s there.
My guess it’s timber land by what u have said.

It's 750 acres. Gonna go ahead and get it and set up cams and see what's running around out there. We spend most of our time hunting Talbot County so this will not see much pressure.

HavocLover

Good deer, good area, along with some of the surrounding counties they kinda fly under the radar. Don’t get talked about much. I was at a dove shoot a few weekends ago and a fella was talking bout a mid 40s he had on cam in Ellaville and was talking bout it like it wasn’t much to get amped up about. Take what you will from that.

Last Minute

Good deer, good area, along with some of the surrounding counties they kinda fly under the radar. Don’t get talked about much. I was at a dove shoot a few weekends ago and a fella was talking bout a mid 40s he had on cam in Ellaville and was talking bout it like it wasn’t much to get amped up about. Take what you will from that.

Sounds good to me.

mtclev5651

56 here in Forsyth County. Wind isn’t too awful bad. TONS of acorns on this stretch so pics have been very limited. Hoping the two targets are still around