Scientism

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Laymens terms:
We can't help it if others think our beliefs are nonsense. If they could just suspend reality and not question us they would be like us.

Not even close. He said that one should say what they have to say the very best they can say it, and shut up.

BTW, he did. He followed this statement with approx. 400,000 words on the subject at hand (that's well over 1000 small print, closely spaced, narrow margined pages in modern book format).

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That may only indicate that what the opposition posted was self-refuting. This often shows the believers that they don't have anything to work with... in the opposition.

It remains settled on both ends.
May at times, but was not in this case.
Definitely settled.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Not even close. He said that one should say what they have to say the very best they can say it, and shut up.

BTW, he did. He followed this statement with approx. 400,000 words on the subject at hand (that's well over 1000 small print, closely spaced, narrow margined pages in modern book format).
Is that all he wrote?

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
He didn't take his own advice.
It was a narrow subject, and one of the last he covered extensively. He died 3-4 yrs. later (I think).

Come to think of it your right, in a way. One of the things he worked on during those last years, after he finished this one, was, what is called his "Re-considerations" which does, at least partially, address the misuse of his earlier writings by others.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It was a narrow subject, and one of the last he covered extensively. He died 3-4 yrs. later (I think).

Come to think of it your right, in a way. One of the things he worked on during those last years, after he finished this one, was, what is called his "Re-considerations" which does, at least partially, address the misuse of his earlier writings by others.
Many times I ask what sounds like a question but it is not because I don't already know the answer.

Israel

BANNED
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Jesus understood, saw, knew the methods employed by the prince of this world to move a man to speak in, and by, his provocation. The trap...

For their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed blood. How futile to spread the net where any bird can see it. But they lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush their own lives.

He well knew a man's own words can be to his own undoing:

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

And

“Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

Jesus, in being no form of hypocrisy, never taught of one thing and did another. His consistency is pure.

And he consistently taught of increase, of profitability. How, in reduction of anything to the smallest of its nature, capacity and ability are not diminished. So, faith as a grain of mustard seed is not to be despised. It is, by nature, holding all it needs to hold in increase.

Likewise of increase to an appearance of grandeur (a sort of negative profitability) but increase, nonetheless, comes in tiniest of motive, if given over to its own expansion:

"What will it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

The gain of the whole world seems grand, a thing of almost irresistible pursuit. All of it. What may appear of the everything. But something must be neglected there, something either considered of no consequence, or at worst unseen and denied, the man's soul.

This deepness of debt (that negative profitability) a man can incur to himself in pursuit can never be made known to him until his own soul is revealed to him. He believes wholeheartedly he is gaining, when in fact he is being set up to have all the losing clearly demonstrated. He is allowed his pursuit. He is allowed to plant where he will, and have yield (will have yield) according to his own planting.

He is the man "lying to himself"...with consequence.

And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

The above word is as unbreakable as "Let there be light". It can no more be resisted or withstood, than darkness had power to prevent the coming of light.

Be...according to your being.

The man with the one mina was caught in both declaring the Lord a hard man, but no less in denial of the law of profitability...or expansion...growth. For the master declares "if you knew I was hard (as though these laws of yield existed separate from myself and I was "taking advantage of them" in unrighteousness, "picking up where I laid not down") why not then at the very least, invest with the bankers for a guaranteed yield? No, there is a spiteful denial, even in recognition of laws of expansion. Of profit, of growth.

The very laws of such seeming consistency...by which a man navigates for consistency "no man has yet returned from the dead...dead is ...dead" Does not know (may it be only yet) how much stock he invests, is investing...in death. The very supreme-est of settler of all accounts. There can be no accounting...to life.

But we who believe know this:

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

A man cannot know until it is made known to him, his own life is a superstition. The superstition.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Jesus understood, saw, knew the methods employed by the prince of this world to speak in, and by, his provocation. The trap...

For their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed blood. How futile to spread the net where any bird can see it. But they lie in wait for their own blood; they ambush their own lives.

He well knew a man's own words can be to his own undoing:

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

And

“Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. For I feared you, because you are an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

Jesus, in being no form of hypocrisy, never taught of one thing and did another. His consistency is pure.

And he consistently taught of increase, of profitability. How, in reduction of anything to the smallest of its nature, capacity and ability are not diminished. So, faith as a grain of mustard seed is not to be despised. It is, by nature, holding all it needs to hold in increase.

Likewise of increase to an appearance of grandeur (a sort of negative profitability) but increase, nonetheless, comes in tiniest of motive, if given over to its own expansion:

"What will it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

The gain of the whole world seems grand, a thing of almost irresistible pursuit. All of it. What may appear of the everything. But something must be neglected there, something either considered of no consequence, or at worst unseen and denied, the man's soul.

This deepness of debt (that negative profitability) a man can incur to himself in pursuit can never be made known to him until his own soul is revealed to him. He believes wholeheartedly he is gaining, when in fact he is being set up to have all the losing clearly demonstrated. He is allowed his pursuit. He is allowed to plant where he will, and have yield (will have yield) according to his own planting.

He is the man "lying to himself"...with consequence.

And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.” ’
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

The above word is as unbreakable as "Let there be light". It can no more be resisted or withstood, than darkness had power to prevent the coming of light.

Be...according to your being.

The man with the one mina was caught in both declaring the Lord a hard man, but no less in denial of the law of profitability...or expansion...growth. For the master declares "if you knew I was hard (as though these laws of yield existed separate from myself and I was "taking advantage of them" in unrighteousness, "picking up where I laid not down") why not then at the very least, invest with the bankers for a guaranteed yield? No, there is a spiteful denial, even in recognition of laws of expansion. Of profit, of growth.

The very laws of such seeming consistency...by which a man navigates for consistency "no man has yet returned from the dead...dead is ...dead" Does not know (may it be only yet) how much stock he invests, is investing...in death. The very supreme-est of settler of all accounts. There can be no accounting...to life.

But we who believe know this:

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

A man cannot know until it is made known to him, his own life is a superstition. The superstition.
You hang your beliefs on this Jesus because you being a human you need to somehow relate your urge to worship that you get from the One real god to something that is familiar to you. The Flying Spaghetti Monster knows your pain. The FSM is aware of your dilemma. You are not equipped to understand HIS ways.
The very laws of understanding forbid your limited mind to grasp why you substitute a man for the One True FSM.
The above word is UnbrEAkAblE. And we knOw this because it has been foretold long before it has been tOld(or not).

Now you may ask, say, think ,speak out loud in silence yourself why am I not able to know, understand, grasp, allow, play checkers with,the Mighty FSM?
That is a good question and I knew that you would eventually ask it.

Oh mighty FSM that be the pasta in our hearts has your answers Israel for he has sent his twins The Meatball Boys to grace your sauce that is in low simmer of false worship. Fear not for He shall not punish you but THEY through HIM shall grace your sauce with pArmEsAn, OrEgAnO, gArlIc, and...wait what please do not interrupt me with your questions but the FSM grants you permission to allow you to continue for he loves you as you are hIs creation, original recipe, county fair award winning recipe, so, you asked what about the cracked black pepper..

Ahh ye of little apron, hE did not forget about the cracked black pepper !! As you were stirring the sauce it was hE who had sprinkled the CRP in!!!

Are you lying to yourself when you add cAnnEd tomato paste(ie Jesus, Josh, Yeshua) to his recipe?
No the FSM knOws that you need to use whatever lesser ingredients that are available to you as not everyone can understand the recipe.

hE commands you to dunk what would be called italian bread into his sauce. Your tastebuds please hIm.

Savor the ArOmA. Marvel at the how hIs sauce clings to your flour and yeast. You may ask yourself, wait no, I will pretend that you are asking yourself in order for me to address things that nobody is talking about, " what is to become of the leftovers?"

We who are sUrE and not settle for just believing knOw this:

You can refrigerate it, cAn it, jAr it, frEEzE it, make it in advance and eat it later, you can give it to friends. BE NOT AFRAID to use other pAstA for hE is A compassionate noodle.

A man cannot know iT until it is made known to him. For only then as the FLY_NG SP_GH_TT_ M_NST_R, the meatball boys and holy Canoli can do is to allow you to go on as you are able to understand.

Don't go eating any of that wanna be wheat pasta either..

Last edited:

WaltL1

You hang your beliefs on this Jesus because you being a human you need to somehow relate your urge to worship that you get from the One real god to something that is familiar to you. The Flying Spaghetti Monster knows your pain. The FSM is aware of your dilemma. You are not equipped to understand HIS ways.
The very laws of understanding forbid your limited mind to grasp why you substitute a man for the One True FSM.
The above word is UnbrEAkAblE. And we knOw this because it has been foretold long before it has been tOld(or not).

Now you may ask, say, think ,speak out loud in silence yourself why am I not able to know, understand, grasp, allow, play checkers with,the Mighty FSM?
That is a good question and I knew that you would eventually ask it.

Oh mighty FSM that be the pasta in our hearts has your answers Israel for he has sent his twins The Meatball Boys to grace your sauce that is in low simmer of false worship. Fear not for He shall not punish you but THEY through HIM shall grace your sauce with pArmEsAn, OrEgAnO, gArlIc, and...wait what please do not interrupt me with your questions but the FSM grants you permission to allow you to continue for he loves you as you are hIs creation, original recipe, county fair award winning recipe, so, you asked what about the cracked black pepper..

Ahh ye of little apron, hE did not forget about the cracked black pepper !! As you were stirring the sauce it was hE who had sprinkled the CRP in!!!

Are you lying to yourself when you add cAnnEd tomato paste(ie Jesus, Josh, Yeshua) to his recipe?
No the FSM knOws that you need to use whatever lesser ingredients that are available to you as not everyone can understand the recipe.

hE commands you to dunk what would be called italian bread into his sauce. Your tastebuds please hIm.

Savor the ArOmA. Marvel at the how hIs sauce clings to your flour and yeast. You may ask yourself, wait no, I will pretend that you are asking yourself in order for me to address things that nobody is talking about, " what is to become of the leftovers?"

We who are sUrE and not settle for just believing knOw this:

You can refrigerate it, cAn it, jAr it, frEEzE it, make it in advance and eat it later, you can give it to friends. BE NOT AFRAID to use other pAstA for hE is A compassionate noodle.

A man cannot know iT until it is made known to him. For only then as the FLY_NG SP_GH_TT_ M_NST_R, the meatball boys and holy Canoli can do is to allow you to go on as you are able to understand.

Don't go eating any of that wanna be wheat pasta either..
:rofl:
Personally I think you and Israel should collaborate on a project together!
Im thinking y'all have the potential to be the biggest thing since Martin & Lewis :rofl:

And wheat pasta has got to be a sin of some sort......

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
:rofl:
Personally I think you and Israel should collaborate on a project together!
Im thinking y'all have the potential to be the biggest thing since Martin & Lewis :rofl:

And wheat pasta has got to be a sin of some sort......
He be ye thee inspiration to me, see perhaps?

Wheat pasta...a sin?

Decide for yourself,

1."Thou Shalt Have no Other Pasta Before me"
1a. "Especially boxed"

You tell me Walt!!

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
How would I even begin to know I am (if I am) human?
What informs me (or any) of anything?

Your saying I am human holds no more influence in my being than Koko the gorilla(?) signing to another gorilla "you are a gorilla".

I don't say this as a right assumption of resistance to you or to any other that I must hold position of all as being suspect (or liar), but that my only and truest experience in being, and of my being is a continual testimony of need...of total dependence.

Of course I cannot cause any other, or you in particular (in this case) understand that. We may use examples, trying to teach each other, reach each other, touch each other to some shared knowing, some communion of consciousness that keeps a dread terror at bay...isolation. If you know nothing of this, how can I fault you? You don't know.

I can't even "urge you" to touch this, it would be like a man who has lost an arm trying to equalize or reconcile the world to himself by recommending all others then cut of their arms. On one level it may have appearance of expediency to himself (all will then understand me and my experience of being me)...but who wants to understand the man who recommends all cut off their arms "for him"? What there is worth any understanding? Especially to the loss, and cost, of an arm? What will a man discover? A man is thing that wants understanding...at any cost to others?

Dread terror is potent. But these words may mean nothing to you beyond mere words. I easily understand why no man would (or could) will himself to it, nor have any right to recommend it to, or for, any other. I cannot speak of having touched it in all, nor of having anymore than the merest brushing by of it...because I simply do not know how "much of it" I know. But enough to testify that for myself it is not an "unreal thing"...and far more in attention grabbing and strength than anything else I have ever known. My experience of deepest affection (if it can be called love, at all)...is extinguished, shown as nothing, there.

To you I may easily be regarded as the rich Beverly Hills wife who breaks a nail lifting a shopping bag full of 5,000$ shoes...and crying to the heavens that the very worst thing in the whole of creation has now happened to her. I have no control over my appearance...nor can claim by any experience a right to being seen as more than that. I must to myself admit, I may be considerably less. Yes...even if I must appear as one jumping at every shadow. To myself I cannot deny this is often so. I am therefore not surprised much how unattractive a state of being this appears. I am not surprised it must be "up for" derision. Who could possibly want it? To know...or be made aware in any way of how inescapably dependent, subject to all insult and loss one's own being is? To know a thing one understands above all...this is all I do not want to know. I may speak as no other, say things true only to me...or not.

But Jesus has said something to me I cannot deny hearing. Even if all His saying came when in total ignorance I heard. Thinking of it in one way, that was to myself sufficient at that time. Thinking I understood what that man is saying.

But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into he11; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

The showing of someone within the power of Jesus to show. Someone unable to be conned, hidden from, manipulated by shame or praise, unflatter-able, un-increased by affections rendered toward, and un-decreased by dismissals or derision. A totally needy thing, dependent thing (that in all has always made its appeal to maintaining its being by such) will come face to face with this "Him" in Jesus Christ. This dependent being will not even begin to know what dependence is, what need of maintenance its own being is reliant upon, what can be shown it, and will be...apart from Jesus Christ. The being...is in Christ. That being, is in Christ. All being...is found in Christ. And He is God the Father of all. I am never not amazed that this holder of all dread terror that can be in being instructs me to call him Father...Daddy, even. There is only no choice. Thanks be to God.

A far better writer summed it up.

“Are you not thirsty?" said the Lion.
"I am dying of thirst," said Jill.
"Then drink," said the Lion.
"May I — could I — would you mind going away while I do?" said Jill.
The Lion answered this only by a look and a very low growl. And as Jill gazed at its motionless bulk, she realized that she might as well have asked the whole mountain to move aside for her convenience.
The delicious rippling noise of the stream was driving her nearly frantic.
"Will you promise not to — do anything to me, if I do come?" said Jill.
"I make no promise," said the Lion.
Jill was so thirsty now that, without noticing it, she had come a step nearer.
"Do you eat girls?" she said.
"I have swallowed up girls and boys, women and men, kings and emperors, cities and realms," said the Lion. It didn't say this as if it were boasting, nor as if it were sorry, nor as if it were angry. It just said it.
"I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
"Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
"Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go and look for another stream then."
"There is no other stream," said the Lion.”

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How would I even begin to know I am (if I am) human?
What informs me (or any) of anything?
The Flying(if he flies) Spaghetti (if he is pasta) Monster(boo!) Commands it.

Your saying I am human holds no more influence in my being than Koko the gorilla(?) signing to another gorilla "you are a gorilla".
I have no say in it. It was foretold before time begat, began, begun. Don't sweat it. Just sit back and enjoy your banana.

I don't say this as a right assumption of resistance to you or to any other that I must hold position of all as being suspect (or liar), but that my only and truest experience in being, and of my being is a continual testimony of need...of total dependence.
Koko types well

Of course I cannot cause any other, or you in particular (in this case) understand that. We may use examples, trying to teach each other, reach each other, touch each other to some shared knowing, some communion of consciousness that keeps a dread terror at bay...isolation. If you know nothing of this, how can I fault you? You don't know.
If you may not be human or even exist the rest is moot, why continue?

I can't even "urge you" to touch this, it would be like a man who has lost an arm trying to equalize or reconcile the world to himself by recommending all others then cut of their arms. On one level it may have appearance of expediency to himself (all will then understand me and my experience of being me)...but who wants to understand the man who recommends all cut off their arms "for him"? What there is worth any understanding? Especially to the loss, and cost, of an arm? What will a man discover? A man is thing that wants understanding...at any cost to others?
It is like listening to that one armed man clapping(for those who can hear such things will )

Dread terror is potent. But these words may mean nothing to you beyond mere words. I easily understand why no man would (or could) will himself to it, nor have any right to recommend it to, or for, any other. I cannot speak of having touched it in all, nor of having anymore than the merest brushing by of it...because I simply do not know how "much of it" I know. But enough to testify that for myself it is not an "unreal thing"...and far more in attention grabbing and strength than anything else I have ever known. My experience of deepest affection (if it can be called love, at all)...is extinguished, shown as nothing, there.
I know that you know that I know that we know that neither of us know what you know. Ya Know?

To you I may easily be regarded as the rich Beverly Hills wife who breaks a nail lifting a shopping bag full of 5,000$ shoes...and crying to the heavens that the very worst thing in the whole of creation has now happened to her. I have no control over my appearance...nor can claim by any experience a right to being seen as more than that. I must to myself admit, I may be considerably less.
Nope, you have forever sealed yourself in mind as a Koko wanna be, now with fancy fingernails.

Yes...even if I must appear as one jumping at every shadow. To myself I cannot deny this is often so. I am therefore not surprised much how unattractive a state of being this appears. I am not surprised it must be "up for" derision. Who could possibly want it? To know...or be made aware in any way of how inescapably dependent, subject to all insult and loss one's own being is? To know a thing one understands above all...this is all I do not want to know. I may speak as no other, say things true only to me...or not.
CLIFF NOTES:
It may be this or it may not.

But Jesus has said something to me I cannot deny hearing. Even if all His saying came when in total ignorance I heard. Thinking of it in one way, that was to myself sufficient at that time. Thinking I understood what that man is saying.
That was not Jesus. I established a few posts ago that it bE the works of the FSM. It has been foretold. It is unquestionable. It is unalterable.

But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into he11; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
You forgot your signature "Or Not"

The showing of someone within the power of Jesus to show. Someone unable to be conned, hidden from, manipulated by shame or praise, unflatter-able, un-increased by affections rendered toward, and un-decreased by dismissals or derision. A totally needy thing, dependent thing (that in all has always made its appeal to maintaining its being by such) will come face to face with this "Him" in Jesus Christ. This being will not even begin to know what dependence is, what need of maintenance its own being is reliant upon, what can be shown it, and will be...apart from Jesus Christ. The being...is in Christ. That being, is in Christ. All being...is found in Christ. And He is God the Father of all. I am never not amazed that this holder of all dread terror that can be in being instructs me to call him Father...Daddy, even. There is only no choice. Thanks be to God.
Your cries of praise to the FSM(remember we established your praise of another really is the way you understand the FSM)does not fall on deaf parsley sprigs. Oh great cosmic pasta Hear oH IsrAEl's praise for thee and rejoice at his loyalty.
It pleases hIm that you publicly praise.

A far better writer summed it up.

“Are you not thirsty?" said the Lion.
"I am dying of thirst," said Jill.
"Then drink," said the Lion.
"May I — could I — would you mind going away while I do?" said Jill.
The Lion answered this only by a look and a very low growl. And as Jill gazed at its motionless bulk, she realized that she might as well have asked the whole mountain to move aside for her convenience.
The delicious rippling noise of the stream was driving her nearly frantic.
"Will you promise not to — do anything to me, if I do come?" said Jill.
"I make no promise," said the Lion.
Jill was so thirsty now that, without noticing it, she had come a step nearer.
"Do you eat girls?" she said.
"I have swallowed up girls and boys, women and men, kings and emperors, cities and realms," said the Lion. It didn't say this as if it were boasting, nor as if it were sorry, nor as if it were angry. It just said it.
"I daren't come and drink," said Jill.
"Then you will die of thirst," said the Lion.
"Oh dear!" said Jill, coming another step nearer. "I suppose I must go and look for another stream then."
"There is no other stream," said the Lion.”
Koko could sign, but WOW a talking Lion! That is impressive (or not)

Israel

BANNED
I understand this is painfully difficult for you. A man with (what I sense) a straight face saying, "As always I speak honestly" but who may think:

"Mating unicorns with Tibetan monks produces profitable livestock"

is the more ridiculous of the two statements is always going to encounter so much of a painful phase shift when surveying himself in the "all in all" as to be all at odds in the truth. And, painfully so. This is axiomatic.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I understand this is painfully difficult for you.
And yet knowing my pain you continue posting it..

A man with (what I sense) a straight face saying, "As always I speak honestly" but who may think:
"Mating unicorns with Tibetan monks produces profitable livestock"
When you introduce things as if to make it seem like things were actually said is extremely dishonest. Much like asking your own questions In order to steer a conversation the way you need it to go. And so is adding (or not) to cover and negate a point just made.

is the more ridiculous of the two statements is always going to encounter so much of a painful phase shift when surveying himself in the "all in all" as to be all at odds in the truth. And, painfully so. This is axiomatic.
Well when you must introduce a false conversation in order to pretend to steer the made up outcome....you cannot really lecture anyone about truth.

Soeth it bE foretoldeth in the great kettle, soeth doth the pot call hIm black.

Israel

BANNED
As always, I speak honestly.

Your top answer may not be as honest. It doesn't add up as written.

And yet knowing my pain you continue posting it..

When you introduce things as if to make it seem like things were actually said is extremely dishonest. Much like asking your own questions In order to steer a conversation the way you need it to go. And so is adding (or not) to cover and negate a point just made.

Well when you must introduce a false conversation in order to pretend to steer the made up outcome....you cannot really lecture anyone about truth.

Soeth it bE foretoldeth in the great kettle, soeth doth the pot call hIm black.

What part of "who may think" is implying anything as to what was actually being said? When matters of what are actually said speak quite clearly for themselves.

As always, I speak honestly

It's fun to talk that way though, isn't it? It's like slipping on daddy's shoes and lowering your voice a few registers. Slinging a tie around your neck and saying "I'm the man of the house". "I'm the one who is..."

Clip clop, clip clop. Be careful on the stairs in those shoes...

You regale us almost daily with what you find absurd, laughable, subject to all ridicule and your findings of what is permissible to being. And not exclusive of judging the character and motives of many speakers.

I do not recall a single instance of any believer (except maybe myself, cause I understand the attraction of liking to pretend to be the "dad" and could never claim I haven't spoken in such pretense) making claim of their always being honest. In fact I trust you'd find most, if not all, ready to admit they have seen a duplicity in themselves, a thing called sin; a fault they could never of themselves reconcile. This produced in them a matter of necessity, a certain repulsion to their own being in which their own being is shown insufficient to resolve.

Believing in honesty as a true virtue, they have found themselves lying. Believing in true devotion, they have found themselves considering the legs of a 23 year old not their wife. Believing in love, they have been even harsh and unkind at times to their own children. God alone knows how such grace works in such help to a man to move him into that untenable place of knowing the true exists...and is...yet even as he acknowledges it with the equal conviction; it is not himself. He is not the "always" honest, the always pure, the always loyal, courageous or...insert whatever virtue.

How grace prevents utter despair, while even showing the man's condition, is all a marvel. For the man learns the source of this knowing, made by this grace to see himself now in clearer light is from the person who alone is set to the resolution, the reconciling. He needn't (and grace forbids) the abandon of conviction of true love, loyalty, courage, honesty, truth, devotion, purity of motive...for the simplest thing in all truth that may come from him is also given by conviction inescapable...but the merest admission...confession..."this is not me". I ain't it.

Then someone may be received who is indeed...every bit of it. This is to whom we testify, Jesus Christ, and He alone true heir, true scion, the full representation of every virtue we may have formerly espoused as true...and even perhaps "in ourselves", but now disabused of such foolishness. And even such utter poverty in their conception as to think we could possess, or did possess in right perception.

It's the easiest thing in the world for a man to imagine he is correct to himself, right, seeing as clearly as things can be seen, and in that even believe he is in all, an honest broker. Others always seem more obviously suspect to such a man. There's simply no space in such rightness to himself for any consideration of such a thing as repentance.

Derision and cleverness are the hallmark. This is not, as they say "rocket science".

We speak of a grace that holds all of what is necessity to man for the knowledge of God. Some may think that God might be known apart from this grace, this gift that is of, and from Himself, as though God's being can be determined as another bit of information to be added to some sum of data, a "thing" to acquire in knowing, a piece of puzzle he might fit into his own reason, and then go merrily on his own way.

But deep calls to deep, and even the yet most hardened heart can hold some form of knowing that any form of knowing Him must have the most profound effect beyond his own control. Yes, it's a spiritual thing. An essential thing.

Everything cannot but be up for grabs of former knowings. Former views. Former affections. The Lord knows Peters when he meets them as he does Nathanaels and every other...from sons of thunder to Judas's. None of us are hidden from His sight and knowing.

Of course their is a sorrow, a taste of despair...a suffering when the man learns he is not "the it". A sense of...loss. The man is no longer free to think of himself "as he will". And others, also.

And this is going on, will go on, will not cease its going on right up to the moment of the calling of the very last disciple is heard...the last lost child is summoned home, and all of the world...and all of its seeming grandeur, accomplishments, wonders, knowings...is all merely allowed to continue in all its resistance, its self fortifying, its derisions...all and only for the sake of the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and his own.

Even so, come Lord.

And I too am being admonished to have a care on the stairs.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What part of "who may think" is implying anything as to what was actually being said? When matters of what are actually said speak quite clearly for themselves.

It's fun to talk that way though, isn't it? It's like slipping on daddy's shoes and lowering your voice a few registers. Slinging a tie around your neck and saying "I'm the man of the house". "I'm the one who is..."

Clip clop, clip clop. Be careful on the stairs in those shoes...

You regale us almost daily with what you find absurd, laughable, subject to all ridicule and your findings of what is permissible to being. And not exclusive of judging the character and motives of many speakers.

I do not recall a single instance of any believer (except maybe myself, cause I understand the attraction of liking to pretend to be the "dad" and could never claim I haven't spoken in such pretense) making claim of their always being honest. In fact I trust you'd find most, if not all, ready to admit they have seen a duplicity in themselves, a thing called sin; a fault they could never of themselves reconcile. This produced in them a matter of necessity, a certain repulsion to their own being in which their own being is shown insufficient to resolve.

Believing in honesty as a true virtue, they have found themselves lying. Believing in true devotion, they have found themselves considering the legs of a 23 year old not their wife. Believing in love, they have been even harsh and unkind at times to their own children. God alone knows how such grace works in such help to a man to move him into that untenable place of knowing the true exists...and is...yet even as he acknowledges it with the equal conviction; it is not himself. He is not the "always" honest, the always pure, the always loyal, courageous or...insert whatever virtue.

How grace prevents utter despair, while even showing the man's condition, is all a marvel. For the man learns the source of this knowing, made by this grace to see himself now in clearer light is from the person who alone is set to the resolution, the reconciling. He needn't (and grace forbids) the abandon of conviction of true love, loyalty, courage, honesty, truth, devotion, purity of motive...for the simplest thing in all truth that may come from him is also given by conviction inescapable...but the merest admission...confession..."this is not me". I ain't it.

Then someone may be received who is indeed...every bit of it. This is to whom we testify, Jesus Christ, and He alone true heir, true scion, the full representation of every virtue we may have formerly espoused as true...and even perhaps "in ourselves", but now disabused of such foolishness. And even such utter poverty in their conception as to think we could possess, or did possess in right perception.

It's the easiest thing in the world for a man to imagine he is correct to himself, right, seeing as clearly as things can be seen, and in that even believe he is in all, an honest broker. Others always seem more obviously suspect to such a man. There's simply no space in such rightness to himself for any consideration of such a thing as repentance.

Derision and cleverness are the hallmark. This is not, as they say "rocket science".

We speak of a grace that holds all of what is necessity to man for the knowledge of God. Some may think that God might be known apart from this grace, this gift that is of, and from Himself, as though God's being can be determined as another bit of information to be added to some sum of data, a "thing" to acquire in knowing, a piece of puzzle he might fit into his own reason, and then go merrily on his own way.

But deep calls to deep, and even the yet most hardened heart can hold some form of knowing that any form of knowing Him must have the most profound effect beyond his own control. Yes, it's a spiritual thing. An essential thing.

Everything cannot but be up for grabs of former knowings. Former views. Former affections. The Lord knows Peters when he meets them as he does Nathanaels and every other...from sons of thunder to Judas's. None of us are hidden from His sight and knowing.

Of course their is a sorrow, a taste of despair...a suffering when the man learns he is not "the it". A sense of...loss. The man is no longer free to think of himself "as he will". And others, also.

And this is going on, will go on, will not cease its going on right up to the moment of the calling of the very last disciple is heard...the last lost child is summoned home, and all of the world...and all of its seeming grandeur, accomplishments, wonders, knowings...is all merely allowed to continue in all its resistance, its self fortifying, its derisions...all and only for the sake of the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, and his own.

Even so, come Lord.

And I too am being admonished to have a care on the stairs.

I will address this one by one when I am done work for the day.

Until then, your incessant obsession of my "as always" statement is all you got???
I can have fun Izzy. I can make satirical posts.
Here is a new quote for you, "As Always, I will call out the typical assertive statements, dishonest writing styles, factless claims and deal with them accordingly"
When I take the time to reply in here I do it honestly according to what I am replying to. Nonsense gets an honest even if nonsensical reply.

Last edited:

welderguy

Until then, your incessant obsession of my "as always" statement is all you got???
Here is a new quote for you, "As Always, I will call out the typical assertive statements, dishonest writing styles, factless claims and deal with them accordingly"
When I take the time to reply in here I do it honestly according to what I am replying to. Nonsense gets an honest even if nonsensical reply.

There is none so unrighteous as the self righteous.

Israel

BANNED

Here is a new quite for you, As Always, I will call out the typical assertive claims and deal with them accordingly"

Oh. I was mistaken?
If that was you being satirical, funny, kind of poking fun at yourself...wow, was I mistaken and in need of your forgiveness. Mistaking it as a self assertion as to your own integrity must surely show you how desperately I am subject to delusion and in need of a clearer seeing.

I must suppose I do not see you correctly, at all.

I ask you then to forgive me.