Target drop tine buck falls - Simply Blessed

mtclev5651

Hey everyone! I posted this is LFTT but figured I would share here. I hunted this old mature drop tine all season long. Not the highest scorer but he was mature and a true trophy.

I have changed my strategy big time recently because I believe he had me pinned every time I hunted. I made a makeshift ground blind at the base of the tree I had been hunting. I actually used all the blowdowns from a past storm to my advantage. I use one as a backdrop and got snuggled in to a tight space perfect for the crossbow and a 15-25 yard shot.

I got in late this morning at 6:45 and I decided to take an old grunt tube that was lost in my truck for months. Haha

Got settled and hit it at first light around 7:15.

Again at 7:20 and I guess it peaked his interest. He came in and the way I was set up I would not know until he was RIGHT in front of me because of other blowdowns.

Shot at 7:23 and rushed it for sure. As a rookie, I rushed the search too. I didn’t find blood for a good half hour and then finally found that first drop.

He started to open up good after 30 yards and me and my buddy had a ball following his crazy zigzag. 150 yards later he is NOWHERE near where I thought he went.

Kinda that bitter sweet feeling to close the chapter. One special memory that I will forever be thankful for. IMG_7722.jpegIMG_2415.jpegIMG_2413.jpegIMG_2420.jpegIMG_2409.jpegIMG_2411.jpeg

Last edited:

bullgator

Very nice Buck.

sprewett

Hey everyone! I posted this is LFTT but figured I would share here. I hunted this old mature drop tine all season long. Not the highest scorer but he was mature and a true trophy.

I have changed my strategy big time recently because I believe he had me pinned every time I hunted. I made a makeshift ground blind at the base of the tree I had been hunting. I actually used all the blowdowns from a past storm to my advantage. I use one as a backdrop and got snuggled in to a tight space perfect for the crossbow and a 15-25 yard shot.

I got in late this morning at 6:45 and I decided to take an old grunt tube that was lost in my truck for months. Haha

Got settled and hit it at first light around 7:15.

Again at 7:20 and I guess it peaked his interest. He came in and the way I was set up I would not know until he was RIGHT in front of me because of other blowdowns.

Shot at 7:23 and rushed it for sure. As a rookie, I rushed the search too. I didn’t find blood for a good half hour and then finally found that first drop.

He started to open up good after 30 yards and me and my buddy had a ball following his crazy zigzag. 150 yards later he is NOWHERE near where I thought he went.

Kinda that bitter sweet feeling to close the chapter. One special memory that I will forever be thankful for. View attachment 1262012View attachment 1262016View attachment 1262015View attachment 1262013View attachment 1262018View attachment 1262017
Awesome buck!!!! Glad ya got him. That's a good one for sure.