Seeking advice for trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge

Geffellz18

Headed up early-mid next week to fish solo for a few days.
Will target trout of course(preferably a brook, but if the weathers too bad, don’t think I’ll get too far off the beaten path to be able to find them), but also would like to catch a few smallmouth, if possible. Another bucket list fish as would the brook trout.
Looking at the forecast, it looks like there’s going to be quite a bit of rain starting Saturday well into next week. Can’t change the weather, so just going to have to adapt! Seeking advice on what the best options would be to have some success in the event that the water is high and stained/muddy.
I have pretty much anything and everything for trout from rooster tails in various colors and sizes, panther martins, blue fox vibrax’s, Mepps aglias & fish spinners, etc, along with salmon eggs and power baits in various colors/scents. Will be using light spinning setup.
But for smallmouth, I’m guessing a Ned rig in a dark or chartreuse color may work, but have no knowledge of these fish, other than the YouTube videos I viewed and the little I’ve read about them over the past few days. I also realize I may be just a few weeks early for when they start getting fired up real good too, but I gotta go when I’m able! Will be back up there again in late October to try again-Missing the prime time on both ends, I know!

Any tips to guide me in the right direction for both species for both would be greatly appreciative!

seachaser

Only did it a couple times and it was much warmer but I fished little 3 inch jerk bats and caught several smallmouth but that was in gatlnberg not pigeon forge and water was very clear. I also fished the river in sevierville and caught them there also.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Ned rig won’t work to good in the fast flowing streams. Not to say you may catch one but in-line spinners and small crawfish plugs will catch them.