Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Caught a few more channel cats this morning. They bit worms, wouldn't take cut bait or liver. Lake Seminole. Darn hydrilla gnats were terrible when the breeze quit.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, to catch you up with what's going on with Lake Seminole. The water level is up and down constantly. Most often I have to put the top down on the pontoon boat to get under the bridge at Cypress Pond. Noticed hybrids running shad to the surface out in the main lake from Sealys to the Indian mounds. Bream still bedding here and there, but they lock up quick after catching about five or six. Catching a few shellcrackers around the grass edges. Catfish bite is off and on, but I've been catching a few good one's. When a storm nears, the wind takes me across the lake like I'm in a sail boat. Time to go back to the dock when that happens.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Received word, that hydrilla spraying is soon to happen in Rays Lake and Lewis Pond. We'll see.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Caught 12 channel cats in Seminole this morning. It was overcast. When the clouds moved out, cats quit biting.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Are gnats bad on you end of the lake?
They tough up our way. Ready fir cooler weather.

Those little bitty white hydrilla gnats are terrible if there's no breeze. I wear a head net to help Keep them from behind my glasses and out of the ears. They can be seen crawling all over everything.

Spooner

A couple of questions sir: I'm coming down to Lake Seminole Friday 8/20/21. Are there any bass tournaments that weekend? Where can we catch some big flathead & blue catfish?

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
A couple of questions sir: I'm coming down to Lake Seminole Friday 8/20/21. Are there any bass tournaments that weekend? Where can we catch some big flathead & blue catfish?

I haven't kept up with the tournaments, but they have plenty. Flatheads are mostly caught in the rivers, The Flint or Chattahoochee can be reached from the lake. Last blues I heard being caught were west of the dam. A few were caught in the deep channels in the main lake. Most of what I've catching are channel cats. Worms have been working best for the channel cats.

Spooner

I haven't kept up with the tournaments, but they have plenty. Flatheads are mostly caught in the rivers, The Flint or Chattahoochee can be reached from the lake. Last blues I heard being caught were west of the dam. A few were caught in the deep channels in the main lake. Most of what I've catching are channel cats. Worms have been working best for the channel cats.
Thank you for this information and best of luck catching those channel cats.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
On lake Seminole, have been doing well with shellcrackers and channel cats. Having to fish different areas depending on water levels. Darn lake has been up and down, mostly up. Rivers are stained

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Noticed yesterday, the small connecting lakes and canals to lake Seminole are not muddy, but the water is dark. If it doesn't rain any time soon, that should clear up. Lots of dead coontail moss floating around my dock, it's a mess. Much of it probably cut up by boat traffic. Plus a gator is busy digging the bottom in several places in our lake.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Couple fellows and I caught a nice mess of channel cats and shellcrackers in Lake Seminole today, but we had to work for em.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole remains high and slightly stained

Attachments

• cats .jpg
    cats .jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 16

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cypress Pond to Hickory Pond remains clear, but dark. Not muddy, don't know what has the water so dark, but it's hard to see bottom at my dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Caught about 15 nice shellcrackers and bream right near that stump using worms. Those big shellcrackers can really stretch a line. Lake Seminole. Photo of one of the live wells

Attachments

• stump.jpg
    stump.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 20
  • output (8).jpg
    output (8).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yep, had those panfish, cheese grits, baked beans, and puppies for supper tonight.

Latest posts