Seminole Co. Ramblings

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Took a day off from fishing in Seminole. Got tired of cleaning fish. Went to the hunting woods to work on plots and mow roads. Also plowed a garden spot at the hunt camp for mustard and turnips.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
2:35, rain began at lake Seminole, was a short but good little shower. Glad I was through cleaning up the boat and had everything put up before it began.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here we go again, plenty rain, the lake will be stained again. Seminole had just gotten back to a normal level yesterday.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole is at the high water mark again. Connecting lakes not muddy, but the water is darker than normal.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Seminole remains high today. Not seeing much boat traffic

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well wouldn't you know. Saturday, had some family members visiting and the Corp dropped Lake Seminole. They requested a boat ride. Just about every hundred yards or less, I had to back the pontoon boat down to clear the prop. The worse channel was from Spring Creek, past Sealys to the Fish Pond Drain channel. With the lake level dropped so low, it put the hydrilla surface very thick. Hard on the motor, takes more fuel and makes cruising aggravating. Bass fishermen and duck hunters love it, I don't. Bass had plenty cover before the hydrilla took over with native vegetation and submerged trees etc. Today, Monday 18th, Seminole's level is back up a bit, but not much.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Maybe the Corp sees water coming down the rivers and make room for it. But it's common for them to drop the water level on weekends. Proves to me, they could care less about public use. As with all government, everything is backwards in my opinion.

Attachments

• Aug5.jpg
    Aug5.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 10

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Still catching shellcrackers and catfish in Seminole, but the bite is slow.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole is super low this morning. Bet the channels are choked with weeds, would be like mowing with an outboard to get out to the lake from my dock.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole remains low, with lots of guns going off. Must be duck season. lol

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanksgiving day, Lake Seminole has come up a bit since yesterday. Water is clear and there's dead vegetation floating everywhere. Cold must have gotten it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Weather warmed and we're not seeing the neighborhood deer. They are laid up just like those in the woods where I hunt. Come on cold weather, it's too muggy and hot to be comfortable hunting

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Happy New year, we had black eyed peas, hog jowl, greens and crackling cornbread for todays big meal.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rough weather moved in at Lake Seminole right at dark. Heavy rains and wind.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
31 degrees at the north side of lake Seminole this morning, Jan 18th. High water levels will protect the hydrilla so it can have a head start at increasing come summer. We need a low water condition during a freeze or two to knock the weed down. Even then come August hydrilla will take over again. Hydrilla hides lots of fish, and stumps.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rain began at lake Seminole at 1 PM today, I'm inside looking out. Cooking greens for supper.

Attachments

• greensmixed.jpg
    greensmixed.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 12