Shed antler knife

mtclev5651

Hey everyone! I’m sure this may be in the wrong place, but I hope I have displayed my sentimentality connected to hunting with my true friends. My one best friend and I have been hunting hard the past three years and he’s the one who truly got me addicted haha. Him and I chased and passed an old eight point the first two years and the deer eventually got hit by a car and died this past season. He was walking the woods about a month ago and found one of his sheds from a couple years back (chewed on but not in terrible shape) I definitely believe that there is plenty enough to salvage for a couple of knive handles. With that being said, do y’all know of a local man or woman who could make us two custom knives?:) I want to surprise him and gift him one before this next upcoming season

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone! I’m sure this may be in the wrong place, but I hope I have displayed my sentimentality connected to hunting with my true friends. My one best friend and I have been hunting hard the past three years and he’s the one who truly got me addicted haha. Him and I chased and passed an old eight point the first two years and the deer eventually got hit by a car and died this past season. He was walking the woods about a month ago and found one of his sheds from a couple years back (chewed on but not in terrible shape) I definitely believe that there is plenty enough to salvage for a couple of knive handles. With that being said, do y’all know of a local man or woman who could make us two custom knives?:) I want to surprise him and gift him one before this next upcoming season
Scroll down the page to the Homebrew and Hobbies forum. There are several very talented custom knifesmiths in there.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I only get one knife per antler no matter how big the left over antler is.
With both sides I get two. 4 perfect halves and 2 less than perfect that might fit. But I’m just a novice handle maker in practice.

mtclev5651

I only get one knife per antler no matter how big the left over antler is.
With both sides I get two. 4 perfect halves and 2 less than perfect that might fit. But I’m just a novice handle maker in practice.
This is great info. I could definitely be in the wrong assuming it will make two haha. Regardless I would give the friend the one haha

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I n NE Georgia you can look up and communicate with Rick Lammons on facebook. That knife maker can hook you up!