Shopping for mountain boots.

Professor

The Kenetrek extremes are what I am focused on but I will try on others as well. I have read the Kenetreks take forever to break in. I will head up this weekend and see what they have. Thanks

strothershwacker

I put bout 6 miles on my Crispis in the rain the first time I put them on my feet. No break in needed. One of the best hunting products I've ever bought. I'm sure the Kenetreks are good boots as well, I've just never owned any.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I think there is a bow shop in Rome that carries Kenetrek. Can’t rememwbr the name of it.

I bought the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes NI online @ MidwayUSA during Black Friday sale. I’m happy with my purchase

Professor

I would not mind buying online except that I have never worn any before and need to do some trying on first. Do they fit to size or did you have to go up a half size?

Raylander

Southern Style Archery in Rome. Never been there but Kenetrek has it listed as a dealer.

Raylander

I would not mind buying online except that I have never worn any before and need to do some trying on first. Do they fit to size or did you have to go up a half size?

I went through the same feelings for about 2 weeks. I wear a 12 and they fit pretty good

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
K & B shoes in Conyers must have 200 different models of boots. I haven't bought any in a few years to know what they have now.

jbogg

I have really liked these Salomons. Very comfortable out of the box, but stiff enough uppers so they provide very good support when carrying a load or side hilling. They are still 100% waterproof, and while they are not cheap at around $225, you can purchase them at any REI store. If you are an REI member their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee return policy is second to none. Where them for a month and if you decide you don’t like the color return for a full refund. If you wait until March you can get them at REI for 25% off during their annual sale.
5F8C28EE-CF91-4BBB-8036-76F4D11C2F12.jpeg

NCMTNHunter

I have really liked these Salomons. Very comfortable out of the box, but stiff enough uppers so they provide very good support when carrying a load or side hilling. They are still 100% waterproof, and while they are not cheap at around $225, you can purchase them at any REI store. If you are an REI member their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee return policy is second to none. Where them for a month and if you decide you don’t like the color return for a full refund. If you wait until March you can get them at REI for 25% off during their annual sale.
View attachment 1003434

These are a great boot for the price. Especially if they are a special purpose boot that you only wear when you are hunting or hiking. The weight and stability are on point.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
If you are an REI member their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee return policy is second to none.

It used to be, but that hasn't been my experience lately. I tried to return some Asolo boots that the sole had separated and they tried to say I must have put them away wet. They were quite a few years old, but I didn't really use them much. Years ago they replaced a pair I had had for years after the Gore-tex started leaking. I also tried to replace a tent after the seams started leaking and they just said it was too old and worn out. They sold me that membership under the expectation that it was a lifetime product warranty and told me a story about someone returning a jacket after 20 years.

jbogg

It used to be, but that hasn't been my experience lately. I tried to return some Asolo boots that the sole had separated and they tried to say I must have put them away wet. They were quite a few years old, but I didn't really use them much. Years ago they replaced a pair I had had for years after the Gore-tex started leaking. I also tried to replace a tent after the seams started leaking and they just said it was too old and worn out. They sold me that membership under the expectation that it was a lifetime product warranty and told me a story about someone returning a jacket after 20 years.

I can appreciate them not wanting to refund boots that were bought several years earlier. I mean at some point you have to draw a line somewhere on returns. I will agree with you that if their warranty specifically says “lifetime” then they are setting a certain expectation, but I’m fairly certain the fine print will speak to normal wear and tear.

The cost of membership is only $20 and in my experience you would be hard-pressed to find any other company that has a return policy as generous.

splatek

UAEC
I didn't even know about the REI membership: I have found most things at REI so overpriced I have looked elsewhere, but with that sort of return policy, it might could be worth it.

jbogg

I didn't even know about the REI membership: I have found most things at REI so overpriced I have looked elsewhere, but with that sort of return policy, it might could be worth it.

I agree that REI is overpriced, but boots are one of the items I don’t like buying online. Every brand seems to fit a little different, and I appreciate knowing that after spending a couple hundred bucks I can get a full refund if necessary. I have owned boots in the past that never did break in enough to get comfortable and I was stuck with them.