slug gun

leroy

planning a Illinois combo bow/gun hunt. Not sure on slug gun anyone have a preference or expierence with them.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
NEF Ultra Slug Hunter. It is the cheapest out of all guns you will find and the most accurate you will find.

scshep2002

Banned
A Remington 870 with rifled barrel and a Dusk to Dawn Bushnell Scope on it. Dead accurate out to 150 yards and shoots Lightfield Hybrid slugs. Drops the big NY Bucks dead in their tracks!!!!! Have taken several deeer with it and hunted with shotguns up north for 20 years, by far the best in my opinion. Unless you want tp drop a few bucks on a Ithaca deerslayer!!!! :)

B

Bowbender

scshep2002 said:
A Remington 870 with rifled barrel and a Dusk to Dawn Bushnell Scope on it. Dead accurate out to 150 yards and shoots Lightfield Hybrid slugs.

Great slug gun, you cant go wrong with that combo.... :cheers:

biggabuck

Ive been shootn a mossberg 500 for about 20 yrs now and i love mine a buudy of mine shot it last year and went out and bought himself one.If you can get a canteliver barrell.Any pump gun will do you right.

scshep2002

Banned
I had a Mossberg 500 Pump with a 4X scope, although it was a smoothbore barrel. My first slug gun. With the smooth bore i used brenneke slugs and it was just as accurate as the 870!! I still use my 870 down here in GA and FL!!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Is a muzzle loader an option? That is what I do when faced with hunting shotgun only areas since they are normally allowed also. You should have a little more range to boot.

hunter rich

Remington 11-87, rifled barrel, cantilever scope mount with a Burris 2.5X scope, shot Remington Copper solids. I have taken several NY deer with this. Blood trailing was easy...I mean how hard can it be to follow blood for 3 feet. :)

Latest posts