Something different...

gordon 2

This brings back memories... of when I was a teenager late 60s early 70s, how one guy in high school and only one guy, knew who Cream and Clapton were. He would try to copy Clapton. ( I thought at the time this will come and go, both he and Clapton) And freaky guy was not me. :) That one guy in high school got to play music for money for over 50 yrs now and he's still going, playing in halls and restaurants etc. He bet on the right horse for himself I guess.

Clapton's sound was not exactly Chet Atkin's!!! Hank Snow's or Charlie Pride's. LOL

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
A little history right here, love it.

WaltL1

This brings back memories... of when I was a teenager late 60s early 70s, how one guy in high school and only one guy, knew who Cream and Clapton were. He would try to copy Clapton. ( I thought at the time this will come and go, both he and Clapton) And freaky guy was not me. :) That one guy in high school got to play music for money for over 50 yrs now and he's still going, playing in halls and restaurants etc. He bet on the right horse for himself I guess.

Clapton's sound was not exactly Chet Atkin's!!! Hank Snow's or Charlie Pride's. LOL
Clapton (among others) is who I grew up on.
Never heard an Atkins, Pride song etc until I was in the Marines and the country guys were playing it.

WaltL1

A little history right here, love it.

Thats an unbelievable assembly of heavy weight blues/rock guitar players right there. I think I would have had to put Stevie Ray at the top.
Saw Bonnie Raitt in the background. She can bend the strings too.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Thats an unbelievable assembly of heavy weight blues/rock guitar players right there. I think I would have had to put Stevie Ray at the top.
Saw Bonnie Raitt in the background. She can bend the strings too.
You know your breathing rarified air when you got Clapton playing rythym for you.

WaltL1

You know your breathing rarified air when you got Clapton playing rythym for you.
Holy crapola! It just struck me. Is that Stevie Rays last show and then he went down in the copter??? I think it is.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Holy crapola! It just struck me. Is that Stevie Rays last show and then he went down in the copter??? I think it is.
I’m not sure, you just may be right.

gordon 2

Great song lyrics and the piano is something else. The fiddle break is good also. The voice is like 1st world war voice, bit mustard gas burnth and rum and tobacco varicosed veined. It is a voice that has worried perhaps too much.

When what you do for your dream tears apart everything else of the self, breaking you to come out, songs replacing like this are possible.

The dream is like the bottle sucking you inside itself. It shapes the artist into coming inside. That is how the self that had once dreamed to be an artist can now write songs like this.

The songs have whole lives much more than the artist's has now. Broken inside the song he pines for the old other who dreamed before songs took over his life and sucking him to die inside like they were bottles dreaming that one day they would be the urns of his parts. The Orange-Yellow Moon is a powerful spirit to bare your soul to.

Exegesis and variations on the Orange-Yellow Moon Sunday morning April 4, 2024. :)

Thanks. It is just what I need to start my day. Very beautiful song. Poets die to self like good Christians, and their works immediate.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

Great song lyrics and the piano is something else. The fiddle break is good also. The voice is like 1st world war voice, bit mustard gas burnth and rum and tobacco varicosed veined. It is a voice that has worried perhaps too much.

When what you do for your dream tears apart everything else of the self, breaking you to come out, songs replacing like this are possible.

The dream is like the bottle sucking you inside itself. It shapes the artist into coming inside. That is how the self that had once dreamed to be an artist can now write songs like this.

The songs have whole lives much more than the artist's has now. Broken inside the song he pines for the old other who dreamed before songs took over his life and sucking him to die inside like they were bottles dreaming that one day they would be the urns of his parts. The Orange-Yellow Moon is a powerful spirit to bare your soul to.

Exegesis and variations on the Orange-Yellow Moon Sunday morning April 4, 2024. :)

Thanks. It is just what I need to start my day. Very beautiful song. Poets die to self like good Christians, and their works immediate.
Amazing that Tom was about 24 when he recorded this! I guess it's no shock this his voice really took a beating as he got older. Regardless, his lyrics are amazing. Kind of like Randy Newman & Warren Zevon, they are (were - RIP WZ) masters of their songwriting niches.