Speeding ticket

Trizey

Well I'm running late this morning for work and get pulled over for speeding. 74 in a 55.... This is the 2nd ticket I've ever had, the other one was when I was 17.

Anyone have anything to help me forget and not be so ticked all day :(

Schulze

Trizey

Do the math I did it once and you have to average over 100 MPH to gain 5 minutes compared to the speed limit on the interstate. It aint worth speedin. I kind of had a little chat with boss man when he called me in, and he asked how I got there so fast. Well I said 90 on 85 and it goes pretty quick.

15 lost minutes aint worth dying or killing somebody over.

Trizey

Who say's I wasn't planning on averaging over 100 ;)

Only playing... I know it wasn't worth it.

Schulze

I did my math to reach a private range I shot on sometimes to see if running 75 or 80 was worth the gas.

In the end I think I only gained babout 4 minutes at less MPG.

Dont sweat it, I speed but not excessivly, kind of hard to with the way people drive anymore. I-285 needs to be renamed the Atlanta Motor SPeedway

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Schulze said:
I did my math to reach a private range I shot on sometimes to see if running 75 or 80 was worth the gas.

In the end I think I only gained babout 4 minutes at less MPG.

Dont sweat it, I speed but not excessivly, kind of hard to with the way people drive anymore. I-285 needs to be renamed the Atlanta Motor SPeedway
you're right...............speed limits appear to be a mere suggestion on 285........can't see risking your own and other peoples lives to gain 10 minutes. :huh:

Boyd Green

Here Trizey...

try this on.

IT'S JUST A TICKET AND YOU DESERVED IT!!!!!! :banana: :rofl:

Seriously though, it could be much, much worse! Maybe you were just about to have a wreck and getting pulled over saved you! You never know!

Minner

Trizey,

Where'd you get stopped? I see the GSP quite a bit on 75. And they're always in a spot where you don't see 'em until it's too late, sneaky little devils :D . Sometimes you can tell they're there by watching all the brake lights come on in the cars ahead of you ;)

There also starting to watch a lot the "back roads" like Boyton Drive and Hwy 41. Of course with the way some folks drive, I'm kinda glad to see 'em (not reflected at you, there are some REALLY bad drivers around here).

Trizey

Minner- Battlefield Pkwy @ 75. I was about to get on the interstate.... :cry:

I wish it were a GSP, it might have been my neighbor ;)

BTW...Sounds like Woody has about got a couple of bucks ready for us :yeah:

H

HT2

Trizey.........

That's gonna be a little costly there bud.........

Sorry to hear that you got a ticket........ :(

Trizey

HT2 said:
That's gonna be a little costly there bud.........

Sorry to hear that you got a ticket........ :(

I just called... In between $90-115 :(

Minner

BTW...Sounds like Woody has about got a couple of bucks ready for us

Oh, yeah! I'm looking forward to it! That Woody is a good ole fellar to save us both the drive up to Baldwin.

Got to watch out for them county boys. There's a bunch of 'em in Catoosa county and they really keep their eyes open. I rarely speed but one almost got me a week ago on Summit Hill. It's a 30 mph zone going over that hill and no one ever does even close to that. I slowed down due to some debris in the road and as soon as I got next to the church, there was a deputy sitting there. I'm sure it wasn't long before he got someone though. It's a good spot to sit to catch people speeding.

Trizey

Minner said:
Oh, yeah! I'm looking forward to it! That Woody is a good ole fellar to save us both the drive up to Baldwin.

Might just have to buy him lunch :)

I usually don't speed, just a bad morning.

WLMIII

Trizey, it could be worse this should make you feel better. End of June on the way home from work around 10:00 PM I sped up to make it through a red light. No one around, the light just started to change. Long story short I did not make the red light and one of Forysth Counties finest clocked me doing 72 in a 45 zone.

He gave me a ticket for both, (Last day of the month, I made his night) and then as he handed me the speeding ticket he informed me because I was traveling 24 MPH over the posted limit that it was mandatory that I attend my court date. So on top of the tickets I know have to take a day off work to go to court.

Briar

GONetwork Member
If you were over in my neck of the woods I might could help you out ???? :bounce: With the judge :smash: . Seriously around here if it is your first offense ( in a long time ) the judge will usually lower the fine . A friend of mine got one in SC and he called to find out when and where court was and the lady asked him if he really wanted to come to court and he said no , so she put him on hold and came back and lowered it from $90.00 to $45.00 and he paid it . Every jurisdiction is different so call and ask someone at the place you got the ticket , they might just help you out . :huh:

Trizey

Thanks for the info.

Someone else has told me something very similar. Like I said this is only the second ticket I've had in over 10 years.

Does anyone know if it's true that if the ticketing officer doesn't show for court, the ticket is thrown out. :huh:

Briar

GONetwork Member
Here in Hart county at the first court date they don't require us ( officers ) to be there , but if someone wants to all out contest it they either call us in if we are on the road or set up another court date . The judge will usually work out something with the speeder , such as lower fine or for insurance reasons lower speed ect. , witout ever contacting the officer . :pop:

WLMIII

Trizey, I had called the county but did not want my reply to be too long, you can plea "Nolo Contender" which is latin but basicaly means you are pleading guilty or no contest and that you are asking for leniency based on your prior good record. I was told by the county solicitor that the judge would more than likely lower the fine amount and # of points assesed to your record. My court date is 9/13/05, I will find out then.
Good luck.