Starlink

Core Lokt

Anyone have it on here?

Our internet is terrible and the monthly price is cheaper that what we currently pay. Of course you have to buy the device in the beginning. I have talked to a few people that have it and they are very satisfied with it .My biggest thing is mounting it to the house. Not keen on drilling holes.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Anyone have it on here?

Our internet is terrible and the monthly price is cheaper that what we currently pay. Of course you have to buy the device in the beginning. I have talked to a few people that have it and they are very satisfied with it .My biggest thing is mounting it to the house. Not keen on drilling holes.
We got it around Christmas. So far so good. Much better that Hughesnet. My wife works from home and swears it’s 20x faster and better for the stuff she downloads and definitely cheaper.

You don’t have to mount to the house. Ours is on a pole in the yard. You can download the app and use it to find the best spot in the yard before you buy it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yep. The antenna can go lots of places but the modem is best inside and as close to where your devices are as possible. I don't like making holes either so I put the antenna on the roof and the modem on the back porch clear across the house from where I have my computer. It works better than the AT&T DSL line that we had before both faster and fewer drops even at that distance. When I have something really important to do I make my Verizon phone a hot spot right next to the computer and all is well.

Whitefeather

Management Material
A word of caution if you choose to mount it on a pole and bury the cable to the modem…..The cable is not direct bury rated. I already had planned to put mine in a PVC sleeve so if I ever had to replace it I wouldn’t have to dig another trench. After reading the instructions at the very end, I saw were it was not direct bury rated.

Core Lokt

Yeah I see the cable is not direct burial rated so it would go on the house. I did find a mount that is weighted that goes on the roof with no screwing into the roof. .

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Does anyone know what the wait time is currently running to get the hardware after you order? We are considering starlink for the Talquin house.

Tblank

We have had it for 3 months now and it’s so much better than our limited gigs we had with ATT.

jcbcpa

My firm has bought 3 starlink systems for employees that work from home a couple of days a week. A couple have had them for about a year I think. They all work great.

poohbear

Have had mine since they first came out, have had no problem and it is fast. You need a clear view of the northern sky to work well if any trees close you will have outages

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I have had starlink for a year. I got it after i signed a document that said: “starlink is not at full capacity in my area and that my service may not be as good as it could be?”

The moment i hooked it up it was far better than anything else i had tried. I had and still have AT&T DSL and i use it as a backup.

When it is pouring down rain or a bad electrical storm the starlink will fail and the slow poke DSL remains most of the time.

I am not really a techy guy, but the up load and the dowload speeds are so much stronger than DSL, that i am glad i have it.

I have never been able to talk to a starlink customer support person. When i first set up starlink i had the system password protected. About four months ago somehow the password feature stopped working so now anyone within range can use it. I have exhausted all the online and chat support and i still have the password problem. Which is not a big deal since i live where nobody else can use it.

SlipperyHill Mo

Do it now!! I have had mine a couple of years and love it. I can stream anything on 3 TVs at the same time. Weather does effect, but not often or long. Make sure you have clear line of sight to the North. Trees can affect it.

Doboy Dawg

Best internet service we’ve ever had, Streaming service, multiple devices, minimal downtime. If you live where there’s snow or ice its internal heater will clear itself. It auto tracks optimal satellite direction.
IMG_8239.png

Attachments

• IMG_8240.png
    IMG_8240.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8241.png
    IMG_8241.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 7