Starting my last week.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I will start my last week working for the man tomorrow.
Never hunted every day before but I'ma see how I like it. ! ::ke:
Congratulations!
I was planning on retiring in about 2 more years, but there have been some changes in FRS & I'm now thinking I may try about 5 more.

I'll be interested see how you like it.

marlin

Congratulations on retirement!!! This December will be 3 years for me and i don’t regret it at all. Yes, it’s nice to go hunting or fishing whenever you want to.

flatwoods

My congratulations to you. You`ll be fishing during the week now,, and can hunt public land during the week in relative peace.

I have been thinking about fishing a little more. I do love it. The problem is that all the places around here that don't require a boat are posted now.
I thought about buying a boat for years but found it easier to have friends with boats. :)

Don't have any retired friends with a boat.
Maybe I should buy one.

Or get some new friends. :p

Big7

The Oracle
I will start my last week working for the man tomorrow.
Never hunted every day before but I'ma see how I like it. ! ::ke:
Congratulations. Hate to pop your bubble but when I hung it up, I had it made in every way. No clock, no calendar, plenty of money, etc... and did exactly what I wanted to do exactly when I wanted to do it but it got a little old after about 2 years.

I was in the same field at various levels from working on the shop floor to upper management and to Director of Engineering with the last two companies I worked for.
Same kind of work for a 40 year career.

I MISS WORK- and been seriously thinking about going back for 2 or three more years.

I LOVED every job I ever had except one and I quit that one after about 8 months without anything else lined up. It was bad.

Don't get me wrong, retirement and doing what you want is a fantastic thing but I dearly miss my line of work. Every single day was something new and almost always a serious challenge.

Good look in your new adventures and I hope you don't miss it like I did. I never thought I would, but I do.

Last edited:

flatwoods

Congratulations. Hate to pop your bubble but when I hung it up, I had it made in every way. No clock, no calendar, plenty of money, etc... and did exactly what I wanted to do exactly when I wanted to do it but it got a little old after about 2 years.

I was in the same field at various levels from working on the shop floor to upper management and to Director of Engineering with the last two companies I worked for.
Same kind of work for a 40 year career.

I MISS WORK- and been seriously thinking about going back for 2 or three more years.

I LOVED every job I ever had except one and I quit that one after about 8 months without anything else lined up. It was bad.

Don't get me wrong, retirement and doing what you want is a fantastic thing but I dearly miss my line of work. Every single day was something new and almost always a serious challenge.

Good look in your new adventures and I hope you don't miss it like I did. I never thought I would, but I do.

You sound a lot like me. I love my job. I'm good at what I do but it is something different every day.
Work with good people. I think about all of that.
I have lots of interests and things to do.
We will see.
I have the option to work part time and bring home quite a bit more than I do now. For that I am thankful
I will figure it out about January. :)

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congratulations ! I bet you’ll fit right in . My dad retired a few years ago and went back to work part time. With zero bills and set up pretty good for himself . I asked him about a year ago why in the heck was he working , he said maybe I like working 3 days a week . He turned 71 today . And he’s got more hobbies than anyone I know

Big7

The Oracle
You sound a lot like me. I love my job. I'm good at what I do but it is something different every day.
Work with good people. I think about all of that.
I have lots of interests and things to do.
We will see.
I have the option to work part time and bring home quite a bit more than I do now. For that I am thankful
I will figure it out about January. :)
I'm not old enough yet to make more than $1350.00 a month without messing me up.

Nobody's going to hire me for a day and a quarter a month. :bounce:

Big7

The Oracle
I'm only 53. Got to do something.
59 here and still can't make more than $1350.00 until I'm 62. (I think, don't quote me on that)

You can make a lot doing cash jobs if you are healthy enough to do that kind of work. I can work, but me and outside heat don't jive well. I've always worked inside, not always air conditioned but better than being in direct sun. Plus, that was when I was real young. The last thirty something years were either heated and air conditioned plants, most of that being in the engineering offices.

If you do under the table, make it green money only. No checks. No money orders, pay pal or cashapp.. Just Benjamins. No paper or electronic trail.

flatwoods

59 here and still can't make more than $1350.00 until I'm 62. (I think, don't quote me on that)

You can make a lot doing cash jobs if you are healthy enough to do that kind of work. I can work, but me and outside heat don't jive well. I've always worked inside, not always air conditioned but better than being in direct sun. Plus, that was when I was real young. The last thirty something years were either heated and air conditioned plants, most of that being in the engineering offices.

If you do under the table, make it green money only. No checks. No money orders, pay pal or cashapp.. Just Benjamins. No paper or electronic trail.

I'm good at cash. :p
I'm curious about your situation though.
I'll pm you. Might be tomorrow but I'm curious.