Swappin Hunts

MCBUCK

Ok..Here goes...Some of you fellers hunt together a lot and you can tell that by the way some of you post ( :hammers: and a lot of you fellers don't know each other very well , but we all have one thing in common---
"Muy Grande", Bullwinkle, Rudolph and his little buddies and what they taste like after soaking in a little Dales Steak sauce. So here's an idea for a new message forum--Swappin Hunts. Straight *** for Tat. ie: I know Cohutta WMA pretty good , I guide you for 2 days then the next weekend you guide me at "wherever WMA" or I take you to my private land/club for Saturday hunt at yours blah blah blah what ever works out for tha individuals. My guess is that it would probably work out better on WMAs than on Club / Private land.. any way it is just an idea for a new forum. Besides ...somebody might actually take me up on hiking "the hill" at Cohutta :D Somebody tell me this is a good idea or really stupid , on e of the two :huh:

Last edited:

huntfish

Trading hunts have always been common. BUT, you never know who or how the participant likes to hunt. With that said, it would probably be a better idea to trade hunts for different species or even fish. I know I would trade a guided trout ordeal for a grouse hunt. Even have a cabin to use for a base!

How2fish

Great idea! huntfish if your not opposed to fishing the Hootch for trout maybe we could hookup for a trip and not a swap for a grouse hunt..even tho' I love to try that...I fish the Hootch a good bit..well in the last 30 years I've fished it a great deal and would be glad to share a trip..even have an extra float ring. But this is a great idea for a lot of the members I'm sure...I hardly have enough time to hunt my lease..but I'm sure a lot of the member could find that time! :cheers:

SlipperyHill Mo

Great Idea!

Have thought about it a couple of times. New scenery is always good, even if it is not better land. Always like to look at a new piece of woods.

Always enjoy taking guest to my club.

Lostoutlaw

Last time I did this swat hunt

Well I tried that off this board took the man Turkey huntin twice and guess cause he didn't get a turkey felt no like he didn't need to swat, But I don't care I just want do that no more enuff said ,,,, But I did get TWO Turkeys that year :bounce:

MCBUCK

thats cool

Well , maybe next time , you go hunt/fish the other guys place first ?! Or may be you make arrangements ahead of time on the trade......there is a nuber of ways that could work.."Huntfish had the best idea--different species. Hry if you want to I'll take you trout fishing next week-end myself , and not expect a return trip , just to make up for you gettin stiffed on your turkey hunt...send me a PM