Team # 9 Eastern Eradicators

Will-dawg

went ahead and put him on the kill thread. 7 pt bird. My first double beard ever!!!!!!!

duckndeerhuntinRN

nice

Very nice bird, Congrats on the double beard. Well last week end we had two gobblin there heads off, moved in for thr kill and an hour and half later got to the river and they were on the other side. Called for and hour and they wore a rut out, but would not come to see us. This sat , no luck, no body wanted to play..Soooo I will try wed midday and all day saturday..Hey I have killed them on the last day, so keep trying Guys..Congrats Will!!

Will thats great. Congrats on your first double beard, im still waiting on a DB to come to me.

I hunted from thursday to sunday. I heard NOTHING the whole time. I was hunting with a friend on some private farms and didnt hear anything; until about 10:30 friday. This sounds dumb but we stopped in the middle of the road sitting in between two farms and i hit my favorite box call.....then i finally get to hear what one sounds like. I hit it again and one gobbles closer. I hit the call a third time and a different bird answers way off. Well my friend knew who cut hay off the property next to the farm so we went to ask for permission to hunt. After no luck locateing the land owner we went back by the feild and there was three toms standing right where i had just called 15 min earlier. One of them never came out of strut the whole time we sat there. These turkey were hot and ready to die. Im not sure why i cant find one on property i can hunt.
My work is sending me out of town sunday. I will hunt from friday to sunday at lunch and that will be the end of my season unless yall know of a place near Carrollton GA.

Burritoboy

Good luck this weekend BBB. I have had a hard time finding time to get in the woods. Hopefully, I will be able to go Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I won't be going on Sunday, with it being Mother's Day I don't think my wife would be too happy about that. I don't know how next Monday and Tuesday look yet, but if I can I am going to be in the woods til the bitter end.
Good luck guys.

Will-dawg

Well I gave it one last shot this evening to try and fill another Ga tag. Went to a spot where I had a bird gobbling last Saturday morning but didn't have any luck. When I got back to the truck I gave it all I had on my mouth call and I'll be dern if one didn't gobble across the road on one of my other spots!:banginghe Oh well that's the way it goes. Didn't go after him 'cause I'm sure he was on the roost plus I had my little boy with me. I know he'll be around next year.;)

I'll check back in later. Good luck to the ones hunting tomorrow!!!!

Burritoboy

I gave it one last ride this morning to no avail. I heard nothing and put several miles on the Danner's. I busted some hens with poults, but that was all the turkey action today.

Wish I could have lived up to my expectations for the season. I enjoyed it again and wish you all full limits next season.

Will-dawg

:cheers:Well guys I really enjoyed it this year. Even though we didn't win we all gave it a great effort and had a good time! That's all we could ask for.:cheers:

Maybe if turkeyed keeps this thing going we might get teamed up together again next year which wouldn't bother me one bit. Now ya'll have a great summer and don't catch too many fish--leave that part to me!:bounce::bounce:

turkeys101

haha im right there with ya will, i had a great season guys, but also a tough one, i have came so close on almost all my hunts, and missed a bird for the first time this year.. this is my 1st year in the challenge, and it wont be the last, thanks guys for the encouraging thoughts and entertainment to a fine thing we do every spring. yall have a good summer, and hopefully i might see some of you boys next year!!!

duckndeerhuntinRN

Thanks

Thanks Guys for a great season. I can say this has been one of my toughest seasons. No doubt I would take this team again.Thanks to each of ya'll for the help, especially Will and Cal...Sorry I couldnt get more points, But the Good Lord did bless me with a many beautiful days in the woods chasing them Ole turkeys! Take care Fellas and keep in touch...
David

I had a great time in the challenge with yall. I have to honest and say im glad this season is over. This was a terrible year for me and many others in my area. I will be in the challenge next year and i hope to see everyone then.

sorry for the late post i just got back in town.