Will-dawg
booger branch benelli
duckndeerhuntinRN
Burritoboy
turkeys101

What do yall think about a team name?

Last edited:

Will-dawg

I'm here!! Looking forward to it. I'll be thinking of a team name.

Burritoboy

I'm ready to go. Getting a head start on things next week in MS. It will be too soon to do us any good, but hopefully I can knock the rust off. Looking forward to a great season.

Last edited:

turkeyed

::ke:Sorry guys for the hanicap with having Booger Branch Benelli on your team. One of you might have to take him under your wing and help him.......::ke:

Just kidding guys, yall have a true turkey killer on your team. Good luck to yall.

Burritoboy

I hunt in Middle Georgia mainly Twiggs & Monroe counties. I will also be on a farm this year in Macon county that has never been turkey hunted and has plenty of birds. I had a good year on the quota front too. I was drawn for Rum Creek and for the second hunt at Piedmont. If I don't limit out this year it won't be for lack of trying.

Where do ya'll hunt?

Burritoboy

I did just think of a potential team name.

The Eastern Eradicator's unless someone on the team hunts more out west or Florida.

Will-dawg

I split my hunting time between upstate SC and NE Ga. I will be in Kentucky for the opening 3 days of their season.

I have always had great seasons but last year I had limited hunting time because of a couple of close family deaths right at the beginning of the season. It's on this year though!!!!!

Eastern Eraticators sounds like a good team name to me!!

I hunt mostly in N.W. Ga but i might end up in SE ga some this year. I hunt public land 99% of the time; of the last 6 birds i have killed they have all been from NF or wma's. Eastern Eradicator's sound good to me. Im ready to let the NITROS fly.

Lets talk some game plan. I think it will take 12 mature birds to win this thing, so if you have to kill a jake just take pics and save it for a wildcard if we have to use it. I also think we should post up our kills on this thread first one gets DQ'ed for not haveing the right pics; and to make sure that we want to enter the bird as one of our 12. If its a bonus bird then i think its a no brainer to go ahead and enter it, and we should probly enter all 5 point toms until we get an idea of how this thing is gonna play out.

turkeys101

Lets talk some game plan. I think it will take 12 mature birds to win this thing, so if you have to kill a jake just take pics and save it for a wildcard if we have to use it. I also think we should post up our kills on this thread first one gets DQ'ed for not haveing the right pics; and to make sure that we want to enter the bird as one of our 12. If its a bonus bird then i think its a no brainer to go ahead and enter it, and we should probly enter all 5 point toms until we get an idea of how this thing is gonna play out.

makes sense to me:cool: i like eastern eradicators

turkeys101

I hunt mostly in N.W. Ga but i might end up in SE ga some this year. I hunt public land 99% of the time; of the last 6 birds i have killed they have all been from NF or wma's. Eastern Eradicator's sound good to me. Im ready to let the NITROS fly.

same here; pc has always been a prducer for me in the past.

Burritoboy

the picture thing is sooo big. we had a guy last year who would have won us the contest, but he took his pics, missed one of the required pics and I assume cleaned the bird before we had a chance to review the pics. I myself almost screwed up my first bird last year. Last year was my first in the contest and I was being scared or careful or something. Anyway, I put the bird on ice in a cooler just in case I had forgotten to do one of the pics. I had forgotten the one with me, the bird and the paper. I had all the others including the ones for bonus pics. Luckily my teammates caught it and I still had all the necessary ingredients to put the bird in the correct "format."

I agree any bonus bird is a no brainer. I don't think we should enter a jake, but if we need to hang onto one for the end ok. I don't have any out of state trips planned once the GA season starts. I won't shoot a jake, so what I kill in GA I will put up here for ya'll to decide on.

Last edited:

Will-dawg

We should definitely ALWAYS post pics of our kills on this thread first. In the past a couple of the teams I was on lost points because some of the members went ahead and posted incorrect pics.

Bonus birds are a no brainer and I also believe 5 point birds are no brainers--it's pretty tough for a team to enter 12 birds and bonus birds are tough to come by especially with the number of 2 year old birds that are out there.

Sorry guys but I don't kill jakes anymore.

Latest posts