Team # 9 Eastern Eradicators

duckndeerhuntinRN

Im here

I'm here...Had to work late yesterday. Good to be back in the challenge this year. I sat out of the challenge last year due to a lot going on.Only hunted 2 times last year, but limited out the two years prior. I hunt in Effingham and Bulloch county(40 miles north of Savannah Ga), mostly Bulloch county on a private farm. I had the same thing happen two years ago, a team member had a bird disqualified because of pics and it was tough. 2009 my team finish 3rd. Any name is fine with me..I'm going Friday to scout. My buddy says they are leaving strut marks in the sandy roads already..take care
David

turkeys101

I'm here...Had to work late yesterday. Good to be back in the challenge this year. I sat out of the challenge last year due to a lot going on.Only hunted 2 times last year, but limited out the two years prior. I hunt in Effingham and Bulloch county(40 miles north of Savannah Ga), mostly Bulloch county on a private farm. I had the same thing happen two years ago, a team member had a bird disqualified because of pics and it was tough. 2009 my team finish 3rd. Any name is fine with me..I'm going Friday to scout. My buddy says they are leaving strut marks in the sandy roads already..take care
David

good too see ya... i think we got all are teammates now!!!:fine:

duckndeerhuntinRN

checking

making sure no one has an issue with posting pics..if so lets make sure now..I like the idea of getting an official team decision b/f posting a bird...lets win this thing!!! Good communication and helping each other out will make for a good season. I have learned a ton from prior team members. I will pm my cell #. Y'all are welcome to text or call.
take care
David

Burritoboy

I am in complete agreement with that plan. I will also say that by doing this strategy, DO NOT CLEAN YOUR BIRD UNTIL WE ARE ALL GOOD WITH THE PICTURES. Put the bird on ice and it will be fine for a day or so.

Hunting is hunting, and the are no absolutes. With that being said how confident are we all on the number of opportunities you will have to go this year. I can usually get 3-4 days a week in. I won't say that I will limit out, but I will have a good opportunity to do so. How bout ya'll?

Will-dawg

I can say with great confidence that I will limit out or maybe more. We do have a great shot at winning.
I will pm my # to everyone when I get a chance tonight.

Burritoboy

I would say that I have a 85% chance on a GA limit. I just don't want to be too overconfident and jinx myself. This is just my 3rd year turkey hunting, but I made serious leaps from year 1 to year 2 and I expect to do the same this year. Plus, I will be hunting with some sho nuff killers this year who have been doing it a while.

I think having team members who are able to hunt multiple states is a huge bonus for us. I may have a chance to go to SC for a weekend, but out of state trips are tough for me. Owning/Running a business, marriage and Fatherhood have put a serious dent in my travel for hunting time.

duckndeerhuntinRN

yep

The property I hunt on has a lot of birds, Ive already seen about 7 nice ones and several other smaller ones..I don't shoot jakes, so that's not an issue. That being said the opportunity to limit out is there. I will be chasing the big boys, but those dang two year olds get tempting, especially the first bird of the year.I only hunt in Ga. I have hunted in SC and killed my biggest bird there in 08. I usually get about 1 to 2 days a week to hunt.
David

Burritoboy

Here is my bird from opening day last year. He was my first mature bird and was sporting just over a 10" beard with 1 1/4" spurs. I was proud as could be of him.

2011openingday.jpg

turkeys101

i agree with the posting the pic of the bird here first than then blah blah week kill thread... they are doing that this year right??? the week 1,2,3 or so and so kill thread?

Will-dawg

i agree with the posting the pic of the bird here first than then blah blah week kill thread... they are doing that this year right??? the week 1,2,3 or so and so kill thread?

I would think they will do a weekly kill thread. We have every year I've participated.

Will-dawg

ok thanks...after we post the bird on here we go and post it on the weekly kill thread???

Yes as long as everyone agrees that they are the right pics.
The purpose of posting the pics on our team thread is for us to look them over and make sure everything is right--especially on bonus birds!!! Then we can post them on the weekly kill thread.

I was on the winning team last year and we followed these rules; we didnt get any DQ's and with some teams right behind us a DQ would have cost us the challenge. It sounds like we all got it.

Will-dawg

anybody been hearing any latley...i went 2 weeks ago to listen but didnt hear anything

I went and listened one time and heard 2 birds ( in Ga ). My brother lives on our family property that I hunt in SC and he has been hearing a few pretty regular.