Tennessee Fans,

hayseed_theology

I'm gonna say this, and it may come off as a jab but it's not intended to be - talking to a UT fan about the program, you would think y'all are 10-0, not 5-5... and that's a good thing. That's a good thing because the fans really believe in CJH, this team, and the direction of the program. UT showed a lot of grit and heart even though they were overmatched. That tells me that the players believe in the coach too. That's a good sign for the program. When the game kicked off in Neyland yesterday, there was an energy present that had been missing for a while.

Now, the question will be if CJH can recruit and execute on the field to justify the belief and enthusiasm of the fans. Only time will tell there, but I think y'all have taken a step in the right direction. Honestly, I had to google Heupel when y'all hired him (and I made some jokes about it), but UT is the the team I am most concerned about in the East in the coming years.

P.S. Browning Slayer asked me to post this for him.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I agree with everything except that the Slayer would never admit any of that not even after three years of the Pups getting their ears pinned back by the Vols. LOL

brownceluse

Building quality depth will be key. Also, like you stated about having to google CJH. I don’t think many of the SEC coaches were paying much attention to him. As time goes we will see how the different programs defend his tendencies. But he definitely has the team behind him. That’s a great sign.

MCBUCK

Don't worry Vols y'all will be back to consistently winning 7-8 games before you know it. Keep your head up. Go Dawgs.

Post of the year.

BuckNasty83

I'm gonna say this, and it may come off as a jab but it's not intended to be - talking to a UT fan about the program, you would think y'all are 10-0, not 5-5... and that's a good thing. That's a good thing because the fans really believe in CJH, this team, and the direction of the program. UT showed a lot of grit and heart even though they were overmatched. That tells me that the players believe in the coach too. That's a good sign for the program. When the game kicked off in Neyland yesterday, there was an energy present that had been missing for a while.

Now, the question will be if CJH can recruit and execute on the field to justify the belief and enthusiasm of the fans. Only time will tell there, but I think y'all have taken a step in the right direction. Honestly, I had to google Heupel when y'all hired him (and I made some jokes about it), but UT is the the team I am most concerned about in the East in the coming years.

It's not that we're acting 10-0. It's that we're excited about the production we're getting out of this team and coaching staff who has virtually nothing to work with. It is amazing what Josh has done.

The Tennessee fanbases is hungry. For years, we've been saying it can't get worse and then it did. But it seems we've got a great coach at the moment. Seemed like that with Butch for 3 years as well. It's different this time though and I think everyone can see it.

hayseed_theology

It's not that we're acting 10-0. It's that we're excited about the production we're getting out of this team and coaching staff who has virtually nothing to work with. It is amazing what Josh has done.

Exactly. I may not have worded that well, but the energy and buzz around the program is really high and positive. Uncharacteristically so for a team that's .500 a week before Thanksgiving. That's a good thing. It "feels" like the Tennessee program is on the rise. Heupel has been competitive with his arm tied behind his back.

GTMODawg

BANNED

Coaching is too good in the SEC to allow gimmick offenses long term successes. If he can adapt he may succeed but if the current offense is all he knows he will find it works less and less well as each season goes by

GTMODawg

BANNED
I hate the cos play that is changing units for fake juice but these are basically older teenagers who are under a lot of pressure and if changing the costumes makes it funnier for them I don’t see any harm. I wish UGA wouldn’t do it but apparently the players like playing dress up and who am I to question it? I do it ina duck blind and on a dove field. Cos play is universal