The buck ive been after is now dead!!!

bsanders

But not by me.:banginghe I got word through the grape vine that a guy on the club next to me had killed a big 8 pointer that was around 18-19 inches wide and had good mass and good tines. I knew then who they were talking about. So after doing some asking i found out the guys name, Mr. Jimmy Odum. I got in touch with Mr. Odum today and the first thing i asked him after i introduced myself was i asked him to describe the buck. Well after he got to the part about his right brow was split and he had a sticker coming out of his right base i knew that the deer i knew as "Perfect" was dead. It was the most devastating thing(hunting wise) that has ever happen to me. We talked for a good while and got to know each other a little bit. And he said that soon as he got him back from the taxidermist he would bring him down and let me see him in person. I have so much history on this buck it is unreal. I have pics from 3 yrs back of him until this year. I have both right sides from the past 2 years also. And the thing that kills me the most was he walked by me the last day of bow season at 40 yards and i could not shoot him because it was too dark to see thru my peep. I hate that he is dead, or i guess that i didn't kill him but i'm glad that somebody that appreciates him got him. Mr. Odum said he did a quick tape job on him and came up with 142 and some change but hes going to let the taxidermist do an official score on him.

Attachments

• perfect (27).jpg
    perfect (27).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,219
  • perfect (33).jpg
    perfect (33).jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 2,211
  • perfect.bmp
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,229
  • perfect (9).jpg
    perfect (9).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2,205

jbird1

It will get better with time. Best medicine would be to probably get on another buck to help you forget...there seem to be more and more biguns residing in Oglethorpe these days.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It speaks well of you that you can appreciate another hunters success. I'm sure another big one will walk your way one day.

freezerfiller

I'd have a lot more respect for Mr. Odum's photographer if he/she would've notified him his fly was down! :)

kdean

I wouldn't have even noticed it freezerfiller. But thats funny. It sounds like you need to have a memorial service bsanders. Think about all the good times you had lookin at the trail cam pics and say some kind words. Sorry for your loss but I'm sure your time will come. Keep hunting and scouting hard you never know what will walk through the woods tomorrow. Good luck!

chpeterson

I hear ya G-Duck. LOL Not a bad thing to make a light moment out a tough situation. Hang in there. Tommorrow is another day in the woods.

bsanders

Yea i know there are more good ones out there and Mr. Odum said that there was anothe 8 that was just as big or bigger than "Perfect" out there and when he went to describing him i knew what buck he was talking about then too. I've got him on camera too! And yea i did notice his fly was down but i didnt think anything about it seeing that hes holding THE buck for me. But he seems to be a super nice guy. And he was understanding of me calling him and wanting to see the deer in person.

childers

sorry to hear that brother. ive been after my buck for 5 or 6 years now. ive arrowed him twice. once in the shoulder and once above the spine. he just wont die. he must be the grim reaper

bsanders

good point gonner. that really hadn't crossed my mind. and just a side note, i posted a video of this buck from this year and most of the people said he would score in the teens, and i was baffled by it, but i guess it goes to show that the cyber scorers are wrong alot.

bsanders

dang childers, youve shot him twice..... i would be afraid to go into the woods with the terminator buck out there.

G Duck

I agree, the G2s on the 2010 trail cam pic kind of curl inward, the dead deers G2s are more symetrical.