The final "Winston case" thread.

Rebel Yell

Banned
I challenge everyone on this site to actually look at the evidence released concerning the investigation of Jameis Winston. AFTER you look at the actual evidence, please show me where the cover up occurred and why we should believe any of the numerous stories that the accuser has told.

It’s pretty straight forward, the accuser came up with three explanations for the night that did not involve her being lucid: 1) hit on the head; 2) drunk; 3) drugged. However, there was no physical evidence of #1 and no toxicology evidence for #2 and #3. Even worse, the accuser repeatedly claimed she was drunk while her attorney sternly denied that she was. On the basis of that along I am stunned that the accuser still has apologists claiming that the process did not work. This doesn’t even include the less substantial variations in the accuser’s story and memory. If you add that to the fact to the two sworn affidavits (which means those two were willing to go to jail if the physical/toxicology evidence had contradicted their story) it is painfully self evident that this case should not go to trial and that Winston should be presumed innocent both in the court system and in the court of public opinion.

If you have a valid reason for still believing that Winston is guilty, please post it. If you're just gonna throw poo against the wall to hope something sticks, just let it go.

I could really care less and was just ribbing you guys. I only have one concern and it was the ties that the State Attorney had with FSU. If he did his job to the best of his ability and his findings were true than Winston should be playing in the National Championship game if they beat Duke. He's an exciting kid to watch play CFB!:cool::cool:

Arrow3

I don't think it was a cover up what so ever. Just a girl wanting some attention because he has gotten a big name now...

I don't think it was a cover up what so ever. Just a girl wanting some attention because he has gotten a big name now...

And if that is the case she should see jail time for dragging this kid through the mud.

nickel back

I challenge everyone on this site to actually look at the evidence released concerning the investigation of Jameis Winston. AFTER you look at the actual evidence, please show me where the cover up occurred and why we should believe any of the numerous stories that the accuser has told.

It’s pretty straight forward, the accuser came up with three explanations for the night that did not involve her being lucid: 1) hit on the head; 2) drunk; 3) drugged. However, there was no physical evidence of #1 and no toxicology evidence for #2 and #3. Even worse, the accuser repeatedly claimed she was drunk while her attorney sternly denied that she was. On the basis of that along I am stunned that the accuser still has apologists claiming that the process did not work. This doesn’t even include the less substantial variations in the accuser’s story and memory. If you add that to the fact to the two sworn affidavits (which means those two were willing to go to jail if the physical/toxicology evidence had contradicted their story) it is painfully self evident that this case should not go to trial and that Winston should be presumed innocent both in the court system and in the court of public opinion.

If you have a valid reason for still believing that Winston is guilty, please post it. If you're just gonna throw poo against the wall to hope something sticks, just let it go.

really......:deadhorse:

really......:deadhorse:

We got to keep the Mods busy cause the Sports Forum will go back into hibernation in another month.. The Mods have REALLY got to love the upcoming break from putting up with us since September..:biggrin2::biggrin2:

tjl1388

It's pretty sad. Basically she got assaulted, reported it to the police, did everything right. The cops just basically took Winston's word over hers and all the witnesses and everyone in the city backed Winston due to his status.

Even the ESPN talking head lawyer said that the TPD handled the case embarrisingly bad as did the prosecuter who in his press conference was yucking it up like he was one of the boys...which he is. They tried to cover it up from the beginning and achieved the result they wanted.

What about the cab companies/drivers that didn't respond to requests for statements of drivers who were working that night?

Chief Assistant State's Attorney Georgia Cappleman, who apparently made the decision not to charge, is the daughter of former star FSU QB Bill Cappleman.

The witnesses who gave the statements were Chris Casher and Ronald Darby....two FSu Football players. Yeah..I'm sure they're gonna throw a fellow player under the bus.:crazy:

Report also says she had bruising, fresh ones that appeared over time in the days after the incident. The medical report was never released. The fact this didn't go to trial is absurd. Only reason it did not is because of Winston's status.

Will it go to trial? No. Is it because he's innocent? No.

None of this will matter to you because you'll see it the way you want to....the same as you did with Shapiro. Is she telling the truth? I'm not sure, I wasn't there I just think it was handled incredibly unproffessional by everyone involved.

sweep-under-rug.jpg

Rebel Yell

Banned
I could really care less and was just ribbing you guys. I only have one concern and it was the ties that the State Attorney had with FSU. If he did his job to the best of his ability and his findings were true than Winston should be playing in the National Championship game if they beat Duke. He's an exciting kid to watch play CFB!:cool::cool:

Meggs was the State Attorney when Peter Warwick was a Heisman Finalist until he recieved some free shoes. No cover up there.

Rebel Yell

Banned
It's pretty sad. Basically she got assaulted, reported it to the police, did everything right. The cops just basically took Winston's word over hers and all the witnesses and everyone in the city backed Winston due to his status.

Even the ESPN talking head lawyer said that the TPD handled the case embarrisingly bad as did the prosecuter who in his press conference was yucking it up like he was one of the boys...which he is. They tried to cover it up from the beginning and achieved the result they wanted.

What about the cab companies/drivers that didn't respond to requests for statements of drivers who were working that night?

Chief Assistant State's Attorney Georgia Cappleman, who apparently made the decision not to charge, is the daughter of former star FSU QB Bill Cappleman.

The witnesses who gave the statements were Chris Casher and Ronald Darby....two FSu Football players. Yeah..I'm sure they're gonna throw a fellow player under the bus.:crazy:

Report also says she had bruising, fresh ones that appeared over time in the days after the incident. The medical report was never released. The fact this didn't go to trial is absurd. Only reason it did not is because of Winston's status.

None of this will matter to you because you'll see it the way you want to....the same as you did with Shapiro. Is she telling the truth? I'm not sure, I wasn't there I just think it was handled incredibly unproffessional by everyone involved.

sweep-under-rug.jpg

You conveniently glossed over the conflicting stories from the accuser. The toxicology report that debunked 2 out of the 3 reasons she gave for not remembering. Was there a head injury? Nope.

She couldn't even get her story straight with her own lawyer.

ChiefOsceola

sweep-under-rug.jpg

228_violin.gif

tjl1388

You conveniently glossed over the conflicting stories from the accuser. The toxicology report that debunked 2 out of the 3 reasons she gave for not remembering. Was there a head injury? Nope.

She couldn't even get her story straight with her own lawyer.

I didn't gloss over anything, I haven't seen said tox results. The leo doing the actual investigation noted on the initial report that the subject was intoxicated and smelled of alcohol. That's good enough for me.

How about the actual medical report and results from the rape kit that denoted "private area" trauma and bruising on the legs and arms? She even described an african american male with "asian style eyes"....your idiot QB even squints when he's getting busy.

What's your garnet colored excuse for that?

How about the fact that the initial report was drawn up in December of 2012 and never saw the state attorneys desk until the victim came out publicly....almost a YEAR later.

Your QB got away with rape or at the minumum sexual battery. Whether you're so blind from your sorry excuse for a team finally living up to expectations that you can't see the truth or even admit some wrong doing from your PD, Attorney General and the idiot himself, I can't help you.

ChiefOsceola

You make funnies because you can't argue with me without seeing at least a bit of truth to what I'm saying. Rebel is the only competent Nole on this site. The rest of you couldn't win an argument with an invalid.

The rest of us just choose not to argue with invalids. Rebel hasn't been here quite as long, so he still expects rational thought from others. Either that, or he has enough free time to dance with idjits.

I'll continue to sit back and snicker while you pick and choose which "evidence" you reference. :yawn:

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Meggs said her blood alcohol level was .04 some time after the incident and estimated it was .10 at the time of the incident. .10 can be pretty drunk for a 19 or 20 year old girl. He also said her BF was there - so if it wasn't assault it was pretty creepy. Don't have dog in this fight - jus sayin'.

Catdaddy SC

Somebody advised her to lawyer up a few weeks back. The DA's office stalled until the victum's atty and the accuser's atty could iron out a settlement she could live with. Once it was done, her testimony, which was needed for a conviction, became blurry/conflicting and made for a weak case.

It was a win-win for all sides of a bad situation, including the DA's office.

End of story.

tjl1388

The rest of us just choose not to argue with invalids. Rebel hasn't been here quite as long, so he still expects rational thought from others. Either that, or he has enough free time to dance with idjits.

I'll continue to sit back and snicker while you pick and choose which "evidence" you reference. :yawn:

The only evidence I have referenced is the initial leo report and medical findings.

No forum hearings, no hearsay from a friend, nothing. Simple public records information.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
You guys think his cloud is as black as the one hovering over Ray Lewis's head?