Time change

Baroque Brass

And here we go again with this pointless exercise of changing the clocks for no good reason except the government tells us to, so we comply. It seems to me this would be a good time to just say no to .gov. It’d require no violence, no “insurrection”, and no blood shed. All it would take is for the governors of all fifty states to say, “nope, not doing it.“ Everybody hates the time change, it serves no purpose, yet it continues.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I hate daylight saving time . I don't understand why it can't be moved either 30 minutes up or back and be left alone and never changed again. I think that would be a compromise that most folks could be good with.
Shhhh. We're talk'n government here and you start making since, "they'll" put you on a list. :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I pray this is the biggest problem in my day, SMH.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate daylight saving time . I don't understand why it can't be moved either 30 minutes up or back and be left alone and never changed again. I think that would be a compromise that most folks could be good with.
I'm the exact opposite. I hate going to work in the dark and getting home at dark. I don't give a crap what time it gets daylight in the morning because it's always dark when I leave anyway, but some daylight after I get home is sure nice. I'd be happy if they put it on DST and left it there. Darkness at 5:30 PM sucks.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I'm the exact opposite. I hate going to work in the dark and getting home at dark. I don't give a crap what time it gets daylight in the morning, but some daylight after I get home is sure nice. I'd be happy if they put it on DST and left it there. Darkness at 5:30 PM sucks.
I’m with you I like some daylight to get things done when I get in. Going to work in the dark, coming home in the dark is no fun.

sinclair1

I'm the exact opposite. I hate going to work in the dark and getting home at dark. I don't give a crap what time it gets daylight in the morning because it's always dark when I leave anyway, but some daylight after I get home is sure nice. I'd be happy if they put it on DST and left it there. Darkness at 5:30 PM sucks.
Same here, I just moved my schedule and get off at 3:30pm, so i will be home at 4:30pm with 4 hours to do something. I wish they would leave it like this.

I figure anyone who doesn’t like daylight after work must watch a lot of TV.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Same here, I just moved my schedule and get off at 3:30pm, so i will be home at 4:30pm with 4 hours to do something. I wish they would leave it like this.

I figure anyone who doesn’t like daylight after work must watch a lot of TV.
Eat supper at 5PM and go to bed at 7. :)
I don't get home til about 6.

sinclair1

Eat supper at 5PM and go to bed at 7. :)
I don't get home til about 6.
It helped my commute getting off at 3:30Pm. I tried 6am-2:30 but getting up at 4:30am was too early because I couldn’t get to sleep on time.

I dont get the extra hour though, beating the wife home gets you more grocery store stops and more cooking

Baroque Brass

Nice to be retired, cause it really doesn’t matter. I get up and go to bed when I’m ready.
Me too but since I go to bed early I like it to get dark early.

sinclair1

Time changes are hard on me. I set a clock but it goes off maybe 5 times a year, I get up a few minutes before the clock goes off somehow with my internal clock

35 Whelen

Exactly. Why do we "Save Daylight" when the days are longer?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member