Tractor Question

K80Shooter

Wonderful tractor! I am not sure of your experience with tractors but be careful, they are always looking for a way to kill you and the FEL only compounds that.

I know all to well what happens when you get careless with tractors. Even know people that's used them for lots of years that wound up getting hurt or worse.

Thanks for the reminder.

craSSh

Picked up an L3901 a few weeks ago...FEL, quick hitch, 5ft rotary mower, and harrow. Have only done FEL work so far. It's a pretty awesome machine. Had a BX1860 with FEL for a couple of years, that thing was a workhorse for being a subcompact. You'll love your new tractor.

Last edited:

K80Shooter

Picked up an L3901 a few weeks ago...FEL, quick hitch, 6ft rotary mower, and harrow. Have only done FEL work so far. It's a pretty awesome machine. Had a BX1860 with FEL for a couple of years, that thing was a workhorse for being a subcompact. You'll love your new tractor.

If you don't mind me asking which rotary mower did you go with? Also which harrow? Used mine a little today.....sure do like it!

K80Shooter

Ok here's a couple of completed pics along with a place I'm fixing up to put a 20x21 metal carport. I'm having 8' legs put on it. It should be plenty big enough for it and the implements...... trailer too maybe.

Going to the Wilkes County Young Farmers Auction this weekend to see what they have then I'll probably call Everything Attachments for the rest of what I need.

Oh Yeah......any suggestions for a name for her? I hate to just keep calling it her. My wife has already shot down a few I had.

Attachments

• DSC_0504-35.jpg
    DSC_0504-35.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0505-35.jpg
    DSC_0505-35.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC_0498-35.jpg
    DSC_0498-35.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 263

K80Shooter

Here's a pic of where the carport is going..... for whatever reason it wouldn't load with the others.

I still got more work to do on this spot but this kinda gives everyone a idea of where it's going.

Attachments

• DSC_0501-60.jpg
    DSC_0501-60.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 261

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Oh Yeah......any suggestions for a name for her?

"Big Urnge" (Urge (to buy)/Orange):biggrin2:

I'm a New Holland man muhsef but you can't go wrong with a Kubota. Excellent tractor for the money.

Like PopPop and Canuck said easy does it. Smooth is slow. Slow is fast.;)

craSSh

All Land Pride. The harrow is DH 1572. The cutter is RCF 2060. And after using a tractor with a quick hitch I just had to get one for this one, they make hooking up implements a breeze.
Now I'm thinking I should've gotten a box blade also... I guess that's next or a seed/fert spreader.

Core Lokt

That is a fine tractor Sir!!

Little Bubba would be proud :cool:

BTW orange, IS the new green. Several of the plantations around here are buying orange when the green ones need to be replaced.

Elkbane

This is one of the best purchases I ever made for my L4600.

Hunt around a little on the site and find where you can get one made to fit your bucket. It makes digging and using the bucket to pop up sapplings a LOT easier.
http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=30

To install, you drill holes in the side of the bucket with a step drill bit and bolt it in place.

And I've found everythingattachments to be very helpful as well. I bought my disc harrow and culitpacker from them.
Elkbane

K80Shooter

This is one of the best purchases I ever made for my L4600.

Hunt around a little on the site and find where you can get one made to fit your bucket. It makes digging and using the bucket to pop up sapplings a LOT easier.
http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=30

To install, you drill holes in the side of the bucket with a step drill bit and bolt it in place.

And I've found everythingattachments to be very helpful as well. I bought my disc harrow and culitpacker from them.
Elkbane

I have already been looking at that exact blade. Looks very useful. K80 & I was talking about that tonight. I think that option is a lot better than the individual teeth. Just got other things to get 1st, mainly a grapple/root rake.

K80Shooter

That is a fine tractor Sir!!

Little Bubba would be proud :cool:

BTW orange, IS the new green. Several of the plantations around here are buying orange when the green ones need to be replaced.

No doubt about it, "after" he would have gotten over it not being green, he would have loved it.

ScottA

I bought an Kubota L3901HST with the FEL and and RCR1860 rotary cutter a couple of weeks ago.
So far I have just been pushing some dirt with it.

Attachments

• My L3901HST.jpg
    My L3901HST.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

K80Shooter

I bought an Kubota L3901HST with the FEL and and RCR1860 rotary cutter a couple of weeks ago.
So far I have just been pushing some dirt with it.

You should like it very much. I was torn between that one and the Grand L3560, the extra weight is what swayed me in the end.

Good luck with it. Those Hooper Trailers seem pretty well made also.