Tractor Question

K80Shooter

Well right, wrong or whatever I placed a order today for a new tractor. I just couldn't bring myself to pay almost new prices for a good used machine.

After hours of online searching, talking on the phone and to almost anyone who would listen I went and looked at a few compared specs. then decided what I wanted and or needed.

The three main ones I looked at were Kubota, John Deere & Massey Ferguson.

First let me say that the all have their E or entry level models. I looked at all of these first and picked them apart by their specs and felt like in the 30-40 hp range Massey Had the best thing going and their price was good also.

Then I moved on the next level or premium tractors. Here's where things started leaning another way. I also decided to stay on the upper side of my hp scale. With that in mind I looked at the JD-3039R, Massey 1736 (Mitsubishi engine) and the Kubota Grand L6 L3560. All three were compared with a FEL, 4wd and shuttle (manual) transmission and open floor design (no cab).

First I gotta say that I really, really liked the JD-3039R. Mainly for personal reasons (Little Bubba loved John Deere's) but I thought it looked great also. I looked at fluid caps., weight, lifting cap., warranty and basically compared everything about all of them.

When it came down to it Massey Ferguson was the 1st one removed from the list. Not because I thought they had a lesser tractor but because the closest dealer is about 65 miles from me. Had they been closer it could have been a very different outcome. So with only two left now comparing specs. I would give a little with one then gain a little with the other.

In the end based on specs only (I had to leave emotions out of it) I went with the Kubota Grand L60 with the LA805 loader. It weighs in at 3,483lbs vs 2,900lbs on the JD, Lift with the 3pt hitch @ 24"2646 vs 2200 on the JD. I gave up 1.8hp on the Kubota but I think overall it will be ok.

I did need to go back to the local Kubota dealer in Carnesville for something else where I just happened to see the guy that gave me the price I mentioned in a earlier post, I in no uncertain terms let him know how I felt about his price and how I felt he was way out of line and needed to take people more serious and yes there was such a thing as a internet for people to use to check prices and that I was very insulted when I saw the price his sister store had on the sane tractor. I also told him if I went with Kubota it would be coming from Alabama and not from him.

Well I have to say through his persistence and price cutting (they actually beat the price from the place in Alabama), The tractor was ordered from James Short in Carnesville. It should be there in a couple of days.

Now if Little Bubba was still with us I'm sure I would have went another way, no doubt about it. I shed a tear last night thinking about it. I miss my little buddy more than anything in this world.

CraKaLaCKiN

I have ordered MANY implements from Everything Attachments out of North Carolina. FREE SHIPPING !!! Can't be beat!!!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Hope the tractor does a good job for you. I know you will like the FEL.

When Dylan was 4 years old, we would drive down the road and point out tractors. I would ask him, what kind of tractor is that Dylan? He would say Red, or Blue or Orange. But when it was green, he would shout right out.... John Deere... I don't know what it is about JD and little boys, but they just go together.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Congrats on the new tractor

rshunter

Nice. I'm sure you'll have a big grin on your face when you start tooling around on that.

K80Shooter

I have ordered MANY implements from Everything Attachments out of North Carolina. FREE SHIPPING !!! Can't be beat!!!

I have been checking them out. They will also discount the stuff if you pick it up. What I really need to do is just watch the auction sales, market bulletin & craigslist.

The first thing I really need is a 60" landscape rake.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Gotta see some pics soon !!

Oh, and congrats on the new ride.

K80Shooter

Pics coming as soon as I get it, I was told it arrived at the dealer Friday afternoon and now needs to be prepped.

Should be early next week..............unless they left it outside then I might be able to sneak a pic or two tomorrow.

K80Shooter

Well here's a couple of teaser pics, I went by yesterday to find it still crated up just like it came from the factory.

Attachments

• DSC_0484 45%.jpg
    DSC_0484 45%.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC_0485 45%.jpg
    DSC_0485 45%.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC_0486 45%.jpg
    DSC_0486 45%.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC_0487 45%.jpg
    DSC_0487 45%.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC_0495 45%.jpg
    DSC_0495 45%.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 401

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
A lot of orange components there.

I bet you will be well satisfied with your choice

Ihunt

I am not knocking the green tractors at all but your tractor will probably out pull the JD based on the weight. Not looking to argue with anyone.

K80Shooter

I am not knocking the green tractors at all but your tractor will probably out pull the JD based on the weight. Not looking to argue with anyone.

I agree, that's one reason I went with orange, another is that I did not like the plastic on the green one........... It still looks mighty fine though. I think I would have been happy either way. I'm just getting tired of waiting on it!

rjcruiser

I agree, that's one reason I went with orange, another is that I did not like the plastic on the green one........... It still looks mighty fine though. I think I would have been happy either way. I'm just getting tired of waiting on it!

Lol...that's the toughpart....waiting till it is all put together. :)

Fine looking machine!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wonderful tractor! I am not sure of your experience with tractors but be careful, they are always looking for a way to kill you and the FEL only compounds that.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Wonderful tractor! I am not sure of your experience with tractors but be careful, they are always looking for a way to kill you and the FEL only compounds that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And everyone will want to drive it, too. Be cautious.

grouper throat

Nice tractor. I like the kubotas more and more I drive the one my father in law has (besides the digital gauges which I will never like on ANY tractor).

K80Shooter

She's Here!

I'll post up some pics tomorrow.

Latest posts