Traditional Family Hunter From Alabama Needed

longbowdave1

I wouldn't beleive a reporter from the New York Times or any media source. These days there are three sides to every story. The story of the the far left, the story of the far right, and the truth. Problem is, finding the third version, the truth. With all the modern media technology available to us, they should be using it to spread the truth, not manure.

Most of Wisconsin is now no bait allowed. Im fine with that. Im not against baiting, but the rules have be made for us.

sleepr71

Brief Synopsis: It’s simple..baiting is the new “cool” thing to do. No need to scout,figure out where natural food is,nor entry/exit routes to stands..it’s the lazy mans way of hunting? Not to mention facilitating the Spread of CWD,and helping sustain Wild Hog populations(in places they previously didn’t live).State takes in million$$$ in “permit fees”. A few Politicians get rich(probably already getting into producing & selling Corn?). Funds get squandered. Once Deer populations are decimated..baiting will once again become “illegal”. The Circle of Life. How’s that ?‍♀️

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
It is telling that the Reporter is seeking an opportunity to hut with someone opposed to baiting and only going to talk to some who bait.

tad1

I`ve been interviewed numerous times by tv, newspaper, and a couple of magazine reporters, over the years. Only two tv reporters, one a young Lady from Fox, and an elderly gentleman from a rural tv station in Cordele actually got everything right. Every one else, every one of those reporters, either misquoted me, or got it completely wrong. Even though I laid things out exactly how it was supposed to be.

So, no, there is no way I would set down with a reporter from a yankee newspaper and give an interview, and expect them to get it even halfway right.

No offense to the thread starter, or his kinfolk, but no, no thank you.

Unfortunately it seems to go with the territory. There’s always got to be a slant for good entertainment value. A person would almost have to get a contract that nothing is published until they can read and approve the final draft.

Jim Boyd

Unfortunately it seems to go with the territory. There’s always got to be a slant for good entertainment value. A person would almost have to get a contract that nothing is published until they can read and approve the final draft.

I am interviewed fairly often for work and we have a standing practice before we make a statement: we get to read the entire article before it is published. That way, we see the verbiage and the context before it goes out as an E-Mag or is printed in paper.

In many instances, I simply write down what I want them to print.

I have never been burned.

Now, my stuff is trucking related and is not a polarizing issue like guns and hunting so this may not be an entirely fair comparison.

ROLLTIDE 33

I am interviewed fairly often for work and we have a standing practice before we make a statement: we get to read the entire article before it is published. That way, we see the verbiage and the context before it goes out as an E-Mag or is printed in paper.

In many instances, I simply write down what I want them to print.

I have never been burned.

Now, my stuff is trucking related and is not a polarizing issue like guns and hunting so this may not be an entirely fair comparison.

Thank you Jim this is exactly the opportunity the person that agrees to interview will have.He will be more than happy to have the report approved by the person that interviews before it is published.By the way the reporter was born in the Deep South born in Louisiana and went school at Texas and lives in Atlanta now. I understand the NY TIMES can be controversial to say the least. But I often think the very reason people that don’t believe and partake in some of the very TRADITIONS we hold dear is because no one on our side of things ever takes the opportunity to share with those who don’t understand why we hold to and love these TRADITIONS. The LIBERAL LEFT WILL ALWAYS BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO VOTE AND THE FIRST TO TELL THEIR STORY. WHILE GOOD OLE CONSERVATIVES ARE WORRIED MORE ABOUT BEING MISQUOTED THAN TELLING OUR STORY AND BEING UNDERSTOOD. Like I said in the OP I wouldn’t ever bring negativity to the TRADITIONS THAT I HOLD DEAR. I’m just trying to help a guy out trying to do his job and make a living. And by the way at some point we have all worked at places and probably all work at a place where we don’t agree with every policy the company has in place. But it pays the bills. I will not continue to try and explain this any further if your willing to interview and tell our side of things and read and approve the report before it’s published then reach out if your not that’s fine.

Last edited:

LittleDrummerBoy

Why not name the reporter so folks here can see how they have treated outdoorsmen in previous articles?

Sautee Ridgerunner

Pretty sure I can hook you up. My buddy is a real old school outdoorsman. He’s as good a striper fisherman as he is a trapper, duck hunter, turkey caller, and he even kills some whitetails time to time. Ill send a pm with his approval. He’s not into any of these forums. Spends his time in the woods rather than on a computer complaining about “yankees”

Lukikus2

I hope he does us proud. Of course a New York yankee probably won't understand what he is saying anyway. :bounce:

ROLLTIDE 33

Pretty sure I can hook you up. My buddy is a real old school outdoorsman. He’s as good a striper fisherman as he is a trapper, duck hunter, turkey caller, and he even kills some whitetails time to time. Ill send a pm with his approval. He’s not into any of these forums. Spends his time in the woods rather than on a computer complaining about “yankees”

Thanks Sautee Ridgerunner.

LittleDrummerBoy

Bigga Trust

Thank you Jim this is exactly the opportunity the person that agrees to interview will have.He will be more than happy to have the report approved by the person that interviews before it is published.By the way the reporter was born in the Deep South born in Louisiana and went school at Texas and lives in Atlanta now. I understand the NY TIMES can be controversial to say the least. But I often think the very reason people that don’t believe and partake in some of the very TRADITIONS we hold dear is because no one on our side of things ever takes the opportunity to share with those who don’t understand why we hold to and love these TRADITIONS. The LIBERAL LEFT WILL ALWAYS BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO VOTE AND THE FIRST TO TELL THEIR STORY. WHILE GOOD OLE CONSERVATIVES ARE WORRIED MORE ABOUT BEING MISQUOTED THAN TELLING OUR STORY AND BEING UNDERSTOOD. Like I said in the OP I wouldn’t ever bring negativity to the TRADITIONS THAT I HOLD DEAR. I’m just trying to help a guy out trying to do his job and make a living. And by the way at some point we have all worked at places and probably all work at a place where we don’t agree with every policy the company has in place. But it pays the bills. I will not continue to try and explain this any further if your willing to interview and tell our side of things and read and approve the report before it’s published then reach out if your not that’s fine.
Be Careful. It doesn't work like that. Stories never get approved by the interviewee, only by the editors (NY Times) You will be mad and disappointed. I can almost guarantee you it will be negative towards Alabama, Hunting, Southern Culture, and Conservatives. Think about who the majority audience that reads the Times. They think you have to have shots before you enter the State.

treemanjohn

Banned
I have been as to do interviews on many different subjects, but I always request to record the entire interview and give final approval before publishing. No one has ever Wanted to continue

Dbender

O.p. does your close relative hunt? In order to be completely unbiased why would you not go on two hunts one for and one opposed?