Trash can layout blind

GSURugger

anybody think this will work? i plan on cuttin the front out of the can and leaving the wheels. also, prob either make the doors out of pvc pipe or just salvage the front i cut out and rig it somehow.
layout.jpg

Last edited:

91xjgawes

looks like it will work, very creative... but you can find layout blinds on sale pretty cheap sometimes

Last edited:
I gues it would.:huh: Problem is unless you just want to build one for yourself, it may be cheaper to just buy one. My past attemps at things like this is..Half way through I end up throwing them in the trash can. Scrapping the whole project with more time and money involved than it would have taken to buy one. You may have more patience than me.

GSURugger

me+no job = ill try anything thats free

paulito

saw one in wildfowl magazine bloats and blinds sections a while back. guy loved it. said it was great because he could haul a lot of decoys into a field by himself.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I gues it would.:huh: Problem is unless you just want to build one for yourself, it may be cheaper to just buy one. My past attemps at things like this is..Half way through I end up throwing them in the trash can. Scrapping the whole project with more time and money involved than it would have taken to buy one. You may have more patience than me.

If it doesn't work, thenyou won't have a trash can to throw it in, nonetheless, I like the idea. Good luck with all them new dekes this year, clean em up, cause they're kinda DIRTY.

GSURugger

this thing is UGLY

This thing is UGLY, UGLY, UGLY, but here is the shell. and at the moment i dont care about the mud, as soon as it is fiscally possible im going to buy one, but this will do for the retarded early season resident geese

layout-1.jpg

layout1.jpg

GSURugger

nylon straps holding the backrest up, or something like that

SHMELTON

Banned
How about cutting the back rest off of an old lounge chair? Then you would be able to adjust it to wherever you want it.

illinoishunter77

We gotta find you a job, you got way too much time on your hands. Do you have a trailor to haul that thing to Mcdonough with?

GSURugger

We gotta find you a job, you got way too much time on your hands. Do you have a trailor to haul that thing to Mcdonough with?

your tellin me, haha, that thing will pile into my or a buddies truck if need be, but i may be able to find a trailor. Ima holler at you tommrow, have you talked to your brother in law yet?

illinoishunter77

Now you just need to take one of the mega goose decoys, split it down the middle and rig it on the doors.

GSURugger

you may be joking, but i may just do that

illinoishunter77

Not a bad idea is it? Just have to build some kind of wire frame to keep the shell from sagging.

If we all throw in a dollar there sport, you can get yourself a real layout blind. I dont want to see no youngen laying in a cut up trash can. it just aint american.

GSURugger

If we all throw in a dollar there sport, you can get yourself a real layout blind. I dont want to see no youngen laying in a cut up trash can. it just aint american.

bill your a gentleman and scholar, haha, thanks. soon as i find a job it wont be a problem, but like illinois said, i have WAY too much time at the moment