Trigger question

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
When y’all draw your bow do you keep pressure on the rear of he trigger? My wrist type aids have had almost hair triggers so it’s a habit I’ve developed, I’d like to change it. I’m afraid to draw my bow without constant pressure against the backside of my trigger. Is it necessary?

DSGB

I do not. I use a wrist-strap release and basically have all my fingers together in a fist as I'm drawing.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thank you! I’ve only shot a few rounds without do it and it helps when I do it without fear

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
When y’all draw your bow do you keep pressure on the rear of he trigger? My wrist type aids have had almost hair triggers so it’s a habit I’ve developed, I’d like to change it. I’m afraid to draw my bow without constant pressure against the backside of my trigger. Is it necessary?

No. I draw with my finger off the trigger and then rest it on the trigger as I pull back with my release arm and push forward with my bow arm.

gtb3440

I've always kept my index finger behind the trigger with slight pressure on it. I do it to keep my finger engaged with the trigger so I know exactly where my finger is related to the trigger . It's more habit than anything else.

Dbender

Not necessary, but not a bad habit. The more things you can focus on before the shot when practicing the better. It helps to go through your mental checklist when shooting deer, in order to calm down and focus. I can't see how it would negatively affect anything.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
No. I draw with my finger off the trigger and then rest it on the trigger as I pull back with my release arm and push forward with my bow arm.

I need to change my answer a bit :bounce:

I didnt comprehend what I was reading. I do use pressure on the back of the trigger when I draw. Not because I am concerned with it going off, but just to be consistent. Once at full draw I then move my thumb forward and rest it on the barrel of the release and slowly apply pressure

Rip Steele

If you don't trust your equipment it's time to change it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If you don't trust your equipment it's time to change it.
Yea, but I have never really tested it, but a few times. My shoulder issues makes me pull up on the entire release in order to line up the sights without breaking my neck.......it’s a constant pressure through out the shot. Since I have to bring my pointer finger out in front of the trigger, it can be a struggle. Especially with a good grip on the bottom of the release. If I put the barrel between my pointer and next finger, my pointer is completely free and I can easily lay it in front of the trigger after coming to full draw. I also am using more of the three right fingers to hold the release without the pointer finger inhibiting their grip. It feels very strange getting there, but at full draw doing it in this manner, it is as solid as I’ve ever felt holding a bow.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think I’m trying to figure out if it’s just a bad idea to not maintain pressure against the back of the trigger or if it really shouldn’t matter....... don’t want to be the one doing something I shouldn’t.

Rip Steele

I think I’m trying to figure out if it’s just a bad idea to not maintain pressure against the back of the trigger or if it really shouldn’t matter....... don’t want to be the one doing something I shouldn’t.

It doesn't matter how you do it as long as you don't feel like you need to.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Definitely shouldnt matter as far as the pressure on the back of trigger goes. If it goes off anywhere in the draw cycle or during full draw hold the trigger is either set too hot, defective or your touched the trigger somehow.
Being consistent about what and where all your body parts are during the shot sequence is what matters most.