Trisomy 21

Mauser

Just wondering if there are any other parents of Down syndrome on here. We have beautiful 20 month old little girl with trisomy 21.That extra chromsome is nothing but sass lol. Any new parents of a little one with Down syndrome please know how lucky and blessed we are to have these miracles.

Kmaxxx8

I have a son who will be three years old May 2nd. He has trisomy 21 also. He is the youngest of our 6 kids.

Mauser

Our little girl Chloe will be 3 in may. She is our only one so far. There is another guy from florida on here,cant remember his name, but was such an inspiration to me when we first found out. His daughter was around 20 and doing great things. Wish we could reconnect

twincedargap

Just stumbled on this thread. I have a son w/DS that will be 19 in May. He's his own best advocate spreading smiles and love unabashedly. It's an interesting, humbling experience to parent a child w/disabilities. The DS community was largely unknown and ignored by us, until we were pulled into it by the birth of my son. I think now of living a parallel existence, one foot in the rest of the world, one foot in the special needs community. I appreciate the privilege, and work with various organizations to support and advocate for those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have not lived with anyone with DS but I have met many including one beautiful little girl at the Chehaw Festival last month. Like all the others that I have met she likes and trusts people immediately and had no problem telling an ugly old man that she liked his whiskers.

This World would be an amazing place if everyone could be like them.