Tungsten Super Shot hits market

DaveH1

GONetwork Member
Tungsten Super Shot just hit the market. Some unbelievable info on their site!! Check it out: tungstensupershot.com

Here's a post from a guy who's been involved with field testing it:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who haven't heard of TSS before, it's an ultra-premium, perfectly round and polished shot made of tungsten, iron, & nickel. At 17.8 g/cc it's 50% denser than Hevi-Shot and 65% denser than lead. Because of that density you only need small shot sizes and light loads. A 1 oz load of 5's deliver the same downrange performance as a 2 oz load of lead BB's.

I've been testing the basic 1200fps load of TSS #7 shot on ducks, and the results speak for themselves. Three mallards have been taken at 39, 42, & 50 yards. In each case the bird was just crushed, and all pellets exited the bird. The most impressive thing I've seen was a pellet that entered the ribcage on the 50 yard bird, exited the other side, and still had enough energy to break the humerus (upper wing bone) near the shoulder joint on the far side. I've taken a wood duck at extreme range (61 yards ) that was also killed instantly. These birds were all shot with a cylinder choke.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, expensive--ten ready to shoot will cost you $36, save some bucks with the reloadrer's kit for $27, hunter supplies powder and primers: https://www.tungstensupershot.com/pages/storefront.asp

They've got their niche. A long trip to shoot a canvasback or king eider--it'd make sense to have the best possible ammo.

Or a goose guide could use them to finish off 70-yard cripples after the clients have emptied their guns, saving time getting ready for the next flock.

But check out the site-lots of interesting stuff there. Penetration data, patterns, ballistics comparisons to other expensive loads, etc. eg the #5's pass through 3/8" plywood at 70 yds!!!

Yikes!

dave

Nitro

Banned
I shoot Kent Tungsten Matrix shot. It is so much more effective than steel. It is worth the extra expense to me.

Mark Brooks

I have shot a lot of Hevi Shot over the last couple of years.

Under the Remington Brand. I really like it and find it to be expensive at between $1.60 and $2.00 per shot depending of where I can find a good deal.

But $3.60 per shot, man, I would have to become way more selective that at already expensive $2.00 per shot.

MB