Update 12/13/21 split nasty is down....First pic of our Giant with his new head gear

Gator89

I think he said 187 in another post , wow what a buck ! I’d of been sick but still happy for the hunter . Also happy that I had property to hunt in a area that can grow em like that .

See post #1, bucks like this probably top out well below 180 without supplemental feed.

Access to all the protein a buck wants certainly maximizes its potential.

The snooker invested a lot of resources in that deer.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
See post #1, bucks like this probably top out well below 180 without supplemental feed.

Access to all the protein a buck wants certainly maximizes its potential.

The snooker invested a lot of resources in that deer.
Yes I agree ! I’ve been following snookers quest for this buck for a couple seasons . I’m sure the feed helps but the area , Dooly co. can grow them without it . I lived and worked on a plantation there in the early 90’s , before anyone knew what deer feed was , besides corn and seen some real bruisers killed there .

Madsnooker

Yes I agree ! I’ve been following snookers quest for this buck for a couple seasons . I’m sure the feed helps but the area , Dooly co. can grow them without it . I lived and worked on a plantation there in the early 90’s , before anyone knew what deer feed was , besides corn and seen some real bruisers killed there .
You are correct. It's more the area then feed although the feed certainly helps. First time we laid eyes on him you could already tell he would be a giant. We have only been feeding buck muscle for 2 years which was the first year we saw him.

Gator89

You are correct. It's more the area then feed although the feed certainly helps. First time we laid eyes on him you could already tell he would be a giant. We have only been feeding buck muscle for 2 years which was the first year we saw him.

Did the Buck Muscle take the buck from a giant to a GIANT?

If not, why feed it?

I have fed animals nearly all of my life. Since 1989 I have been employed in the feed industry, I appreciate your support of the industry that puts money in my bank account.

Madsnooker

Did the Buck Muscle take the buck from a giant to a GIANT?

If not, why feed it?

I have fed animals nearly all of my life. Since 1989 I have been employed in the feed industry, I appreciate your support of the industry that puts money in my bank account.
Yes I think it added inches to an animal that already had great genes. Eating 18% protein daily definitely makes a difference.

27metalman

I hunt this county. Lots of good food - peanuts, soybeans, corn, etc. Last buck I killed was 245 lbs. Put my hands on one that was over 270 lbs. Seen some that I think are close to 300 lbs from the truck. All that protein grows big horns and big bodies. Like you said, supplemental feeding with good forage and genes will make a difference. Thanks for the pic Madsnooker and this thread.