Used Neighborhood Golf Cart Help!

rshunter

Contemplating a used golf cart to ride the neighborhood in . There are a couple of steep hills including the road leading to my house, the rest is rolling. Just looking for opinions on Manufacture and things to avoid since I'm looking at used carts. I know 48 volt and newer batteries are a must but after that I'm needing direction. Do not need a super buggy just something to haul cooler and gas down to the boat and get the mail occasionally. Thanks for your thoughts!

rshunter

Club Car ......EZGO......or Yamaha pros and cons....anybody?

paulito

I have a stock 2006 ezgo 36volt. Works fine for what i need. Just replaced all the suspension (leaf springs and shocks) and i am going to put some bigger tires on it soon. The stock cart and tires though got me and the boy all the way to the back side of the hunt property (across creek channel, up hills and over water bars) to haul out his first buck this past year. I'm not going anywhere fast like these newer carts with the mods but again my cart works just fine for my needs. If i wanted fast and powerful I would buy a side by side. I like quiet and leisurely

transfixer

I like club cars because of the aluminum frame.. ezgo's have a steel frame .. probably more parts and accessories available for them though..36volt will do what you want, but 48volt will give you more torque and run time

rshunter

Thanks .....I didnt know about the frame difference...is Club Car considered a step up from EZ go? Like Chevy to Cadillac?

transfixer

Thanks .....I didnt know about the frame difference...is Club Car considered a step up from EZ go? Like Chevy to Cadillac?

Nah, I don't think so, its just personal preference, older ezgo's can have rust issues especially in the battery area, even club cars will corrode around the battery tray area some, I just figure for what I use mine for, running around the deer woods, in water and mud sometimes, an aluminum frame is better for my uses