UT vs UGA

BuckNasty83

What's yalls thoughts on this one?

I'm seeing some call it a trap game with the high from the Auburn win and looking forward to Bama, I guess that's possible.

I'm not happy with our pass defense, specifically in the middle of the field. It was a problem last year and SC showed it to still be a problem. While we will have 2 players back when we play yall, I don't know if it'll make that much of a difference, but Shamburger should give us a much needed boost there.

I expect Pruitt and Ansley to bring pressure in the passing game and see what Bennett is really made of.

Ive read Bennett is only 5'10"-5'11" max? I like this, as our d line has shown the ability to consistently swat ball's down at the line and hope to see this continue when yall start throwing quick slants and underneath routes in an effort to penetrate our soft spots and to remedy the blitz.

Offensively Pruitt wants to run the ball. We ran the ball a whopping 49 times against Missouri. O line looks much better with Cade and he contributed a lot to the success on the ground. Especially when pulling. I don't see us having this success against yalls defense, especially with how small our 1 and 2 backs are, but Pruitt will try.

I expect a more balanced attack against yall, though still not really sure what we've got in the passing game at this point. Josh Palmer and Brandon Johnson appear to be our best WR duo, but I have a feeling we'll see a coming out party with speedster Velus Jones (So. Cal transfer). Expect to see a few jet sweeps and misdirection plays designed for him. Both our RBs should play a major role in the throw game as well. Depending on how things go, look for some designed plays to get our freshmen speedsters involved.

I don't think anyone can tell how much JG has truly improved over last year. I can tell you he's running more, making better decisions on where he throws, and presnap reads. Historically, he's always done well against Missouri and SC, and poorly against yall and UF. So I can't say yet if he's taken that next step we've all been waiting for. He's still throwing high, which a Im not sure if it's by design, poor accuracy, or if he's used to the previous guys being able to get up and get them.

All in all, I expect this be closer than it has been the past 3 years. I don't think either of us have truly been tested. Auburn was definitely overrated and we haven't played anyone.

While I'm hoping for an upset and wouldn't be surprised to see us steal one here, I think the opening line is pretty accurate at -14 for the Dawgs. And like Josh Pate said, this will be the game everyone expected the Auburn/Georgia game to be.

Go Vols!

TinKnocker

GA will shut down the run game and Guantanamo will be forced to throw into that really good GA secondary while running from Jermaine, Ojulari, Anderson and Smith.

Good luck.

nickel back

I'm seeing some call it a trap game with the high from the Auburn win and looking forward to Bama, I guess that's possible.

I'm not happy with our pass defense, specifically in the middle of the field. It was a problem last year and SC showed it to still be a problem. While we will have 2 players back when we play yall, I don't know if it'll make that much of a difference, but Shamburger should give us a much needed boost there.

I expect Pruitt and Ansley to bring pressure in the passing game and see what Bennett is really made of.

Ive read Bennett is only 5'10"-5'11" max? I like this, as our d line has shown the ability to consistently swat ball's down at the line and hope to see this continue when yall start throwing quick slants and underneath routes in an effort to penetrate our soft spots and to remedy the blitz.

Offensively Pruitt wants to run the ball. We ran the ball a whopping 49 times against Missouri. O line looks much better with Cade and he contributed a lot to the success on the ground. Especially when pulling. I don't see us having this success against yalls defense, especially with how small our 1 and 2 backs are, but Pruitt will try.

I expect a more balanced attack against yall, though still not really sure what we've got in the passing game at this point. Josh Palmer and Brandon Johnson appear to be our best WR duo, but I have a feeling we'll see a coming out party with speedster Velus Jones (So. Cal transfer). Expect to see a few jet sweeps and misdirection plays designed for him. Both our RBs should play a major role in the throw game as well. Depending on how things go, look for some designed plays to get our freshmen speedsters involved.

I don't think anyone can tell how much JG has truly improved over last year. I can tell you he's running more, making better decisions on where he throws, and presnap reads. Historically, he's always done well against Missouri and SC, and poorly against yall and UF. So I can't say yet if he's taken that next step we've all been waiting for. He's still throwing high, which a Im not sure if it's by design, poor accuracy, or if he's used to the previous guys being able to get up and get them.

All in all, I expect this be closer than it has been the past 3 years. I don't think either of us have truly been tested. Auburn was definitely overrated and we haven't played anyone.

While I'm hoping for an upset and wouldn't be surprised to see us steal one here, I think the opening line is pretty accurate at -14 for the Dawgs. And like Josh Pate said, this will be the game everyone expected the Auburn/Georgia game to be.

Go Vols!

DAWGS defense is what made Auburn look bad.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Go Vols!

Dawgs wipe the field with the losers from Knoxville.

The Defense makes your o-line looked like high school players.

Dawgs win, again.

3:30 kickoffs suck. I’ll be listening to this one from my stand.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Auburn was definitely overrated and we haven't played anyone.

Auburn is not overrated. They played poorly against us. I don't think y'all will show us many surprises but this is the year of the 'Ronas so I don't discount anything.

Browning Slayer

They aren't very good
Ummmm.....

Neither are YOUR VOLS!!!!

Your Vols have not done squat! NADA! Nothing!

The Voltards aren't even the best team in the state of Tennessee!!!

Browning Slayer

They aren't very good

How soon you want to forget your Vols paid a Million Dollars to GA State to come into Kneeland and kick your rears last year!

Georgia Freaking STATE!! :rofl::rofl:

The VOLS SUCK THAT BAD!

097e509d-c6e2-4e74-bd5d-1f3914c7a53d_1140x641.jpg

EDVWqotU0AEkiV2.jpg

Browning Slayer

They haven't yet, but neither have yall this season
I guess you seem to forget who runs the East. And until you beat them it’s only talk coming from the losers.

BuckNasty83

Look at the stats vs KY. Their leading rusher was Bo Nix with 34 yards. Their line is garbage, their d looks like what Pruitt inherited 3 years ago.

Maybe yall are that good. No one knows yet. We'll both find out more about our team's Saturday.

Browning Slayer

They haven't yet, but neither have yall this season
And as a Vol, you live on “hopium” cause they have sucked for well into their 2nd decade!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member