Very Impressed

snooker1

Got a new Browning X Bolt Max Long Range in 308 cal, topped it off with a Nikon X 6 24 x 50 SF IL X-MOA. Shot it today for the first time, I am very impressed with this rifle. The trigger and action are so smooth, it took me 8 shots to get it dialed in and punching a 1 inch dot at 100 yards. Backed up to 200 then 300 yards and man it was on. This is my first Browning X Bolt and I am very impressed. I was shooting Hornady ammo but I think I am going to try Barns ammo to see how it shots.

Attachments

• Browning .jpg
    Browning .jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 75

Deerhead

My friend and I both bought Browning X Bolt Stainless Stalkers several years ago. Since we both sighted our rifles in, our rifles have stayed sighted in. They both shoot 1moa. We have shot some really nice deer. Oh both are 270wsm's. Enjoy

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Good looking rifle. Like that stock.

krizia829

Got a new Browning X Bolt Max Long Range in 308 cal, topped it off with a Nikon X 6 24 x 50 SF IL X-MOA. Shot it today for the first time, I am very impressed with this rifle. The trigger and action are so smooth, it took me 8 shots to get it dialed in and punching a 1 inch dot at 100 yards. Backed up to 200 then 300 yards and man it was on. This is my first Browning X Bolt and I am very impressed. I was shooting Hornady ammo but I think I am going to try Barns ammo to see how it shots.
Very nice looking rifle! Love the combination with the scope. You definitely can go even further out and still have tight groups! I personally like Hornady better though than Barnes but every rifle shoots different so only way to test it is by shooting it! Congrats on the new toy!

Big7

The Oracle
Very nice rifle!

How much was the scope, if you don't mind telling. I'm looking to get one in that neighborhood and I LOVE Leupold scopes.
Except for a few rimfire scopes and one good Nikon, all my mounted scopes are Leupold..?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Why change now?

Reactions: Dub

Dub

sweet setup

I’ll bet it handles nicely with minimal punishment

.308 Win velocity would find me trying other fun ammo and not Barnes.....but I can see where the excitement kicks in with a new rifle & scope.

snooker1

Very nice rifle!

How much was the scope, if you don't mind telling. I'm looking to get one in that neighborhood and I LOVE Leupold scopes.
Except for a few rimfire scopes and one good Nikon, all my mounted scopes are Leupold..?

Base and rings, about $135.00, Scope about $ 700.00.

GunnSmokeer

So your scope is a variable power, 6X to 24X ?
What power did you set it to for your 100, 200, and 300 yard sight-in and zero checking?
Would you use any different power setting in the field when hunting at those same distances?
I've never owned a scope with magnification over 12X, and that rifle never got used at over 200 yard. I'd like to think that if I ever had a 300 yard shot at a game animal, I'd like to use 12X or maybe a little more, that far out.

snooker1

So your scope is a variable power, 6X to 24X ?
What power did you set it to for your 100, 200, and 300 yard sight-in and zero checking?
Would you use any different power setting in the field when hunting at those same distances?
I've never owned a scope with magnification over 12X, and that rifle never got used at over 200 yard. I'd like to think that if I ever had a 300 yard shot at a game animal, I'd like to use 12X or maybe a little more, that far out.

It is not a hunting rifle, I set it up to shoot out to 500 yards. I have access to a range that I can shoot 500 yards and my neighbor who is a retired sniper (USMC) goes with me and we shoot for fun and skills building. I shot a cantaloupe at 500 yards Thursday, (1) hit (1) miss. My goal is to shoot a cantaloupe at 1000 yards. My hunting rifle is a Marlin 336 35cal.