Staff member
Give the names of as many of these items as you can.Pic.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Don’t know but looks a lot like GMC in Milledgeville

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
That's correct, but there are more named items in the picture.

BassRaider

The building has Jackson's name on it.
Can't see what the plaque says or what the cannon's represent? What other items are you referring to?
Jackson taught there early in his career

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes, you are right about the statue but there are other named things in the picture. If you don't know go ahead and Google it as it is very interesting history.

Let me leave it up for a while to see if anyone else knows.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I may be wrong but I think the artillery pieces may be those that were named after the gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Yes, and that just leaves the building to be named.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The building is the Old barracks at VMI. The original was burned during the War by the Yanks. This building was reconstructed on the original plans just after the war and still serves its same purpose today. A couple of more barracks buildings have been added to it over the years.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Busy, my friend? That cabin aught to be totally decorated by now. LOL

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations. We have none in my part of the world except that very rarely a young male will ramble through looking for a territory he can call his own.

westcobbdog

From Dalton and Resaca southward this Gen Officer's lines were said to be broken repeatedly while all the other Rebs lines stood tall. Seasoned Confederate troops confident and itching to get a yankee in the open to whip him, only to get the order to fall back, again and again.
Who's to blame?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
From Dalton and Resaca southward this Gen Officer's lines were said to be broken repeatedly while all the other Rebs lines stood tall. Seasoned Confederate troops confident and itching to get a yankee in the open to whip him, only to get the order to fall back, again and again.
Who's to blame?

General Joseph Johnston is blamed for that. We know now that he couldn’t have repelled the invaders. He saved many a good mans life by retreating. Many of whom were sacrificed by a delusional officer who replaced Joe Johnston.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
General Joseph Johnston is blamed for that. We know now that he couldn’t have repelled the invaders. He saved many a good mans life by retreating. Many of whom were sacrificed by a delusional officer who replaced Joe Johnston.
You're speaking of Hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.