Washington County Hunting Club openings for members. (PICS added!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTRDNCK

I sent you a PM.

PM returned

Both my father and I are looking for a new lease starting in the 2007-2008 hunting season. We've had a lease for years but the land is being sold out from under us. If you could send me some contact info I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I hate when that happens. It happened to me 3 years in a row back a few years ago. Just proves the land owners (mostly) dont harbor any loyalty to longtime lease holders. Its all about money for most. I got your PM and replied with a rules docement. Thanks

Please PM me with information,I am intrested in the club.

Thanks

HAB:
PM me an email address. The rules document cant be sent via PM. It must be attached to an email.
Thanks

HAB

HTRDNCK

HTRDNCK,
Sent a private meeasge with work e-mail address if you did not recieve ,please let me know,

Thanks alot

HTRDNCK

HTRDNCK, I sent you a PM about your lease. I am very interested in possibly joining.
Thanks,
Don Lockhart

Hey Don:
Sent you an email.

Thanks

HTRDNCK,
Sent a private meeasge with work e-mail address if you did not recieve ,please let me know,

Thanks alot

HAB:
Thats OK. sent the rules document and added you to the notify list.

thanks

HTRDNCK

I would like to know if there are any more openings for your club my e-mail is matthew_parker@bellsouth.net

Matthews:
We have 2 spots in the 06-07 year that are open/unfilled. Returning members have until April 1 to pay their dues, after that it is first come first served. A membership is $500 and lasts through turkey season. Obviously if the unfilled spots fill by the end of the current club year, then those openings could not be counted on to be open in 07-08 year. Just speculating that the new members would likely renew for the next year. There however is usually some turn-over in most every club.

Added your email to the waiting list and sent you an email.

Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:

HTRDNCK

Do you still have any open spots on your club?

Buckman:
Glad you bumped this thread. I do have openings and need to get started on filling. Our members had until April 1st to pay their dues. I had several decide not to rejoin and there are a couple that I have not heard from so, it is first come first served.

I can begin to setup tours. Can show during mid-day hours on the weekends so we don't mess up the turkey hunters too bad. If I have some folks that would like to take a tour earliest I can get back is April21 and 22. Like I said we can look around during the noon to say 3 o'clock hours. Any more that that we might interfer with the turkey hunters.

Beyond next weekend, we could look at setting up tours for the weekend of May 5 and 6. Same deal on the times.

For those that have seen the property and are waiting on the "word" , send your dues now.

I'll keep the first post of this thread updated with important updates.

Thanks

tharv

HTRDNCK This is my 1st year in your area.We hunt off Panther Branch rd.We also have hogs but havent been seeing any in a while.Has your club been seeing any?Also did your club have any slow times last season were you didnt see much deer movement. thanks Mike

HTRDNCK

HTRDNCK This is my 1st year in your area.We hunt off Panther Branch rd.We also have hogs but havent been seeing any in a while.Has your club been seeing any?Also did your club have any slow times last season were you didnt see much deer movement. thanks Mike

tharv:
Welcome to the area. I enjoy the area more than any other in the state. I have hunted them all in over 30 years hunting.

The hogs do seem to peak around the acorn drop and it takes a good bit of water on your land to hold pigs year round. We keep a pretty steady population with peaks during certain times of the year. We are not over-run with them by any means, just a steady population similar to the deer population in numbers.

As with most areas in Georgia that I am aware of, the amount of deer sightings does fall off after the rut. They start moving more at night than they had before the rut. Some of that can be attributed to human scent in the woods and pressure leading up to the rut. Thats the way I rationalize it. It happens every year to some extent no matter what part of the state your in. Game camera pictures also bear that out as most if not all pictures of deer are taken at night.

I didn't have a problem personally last year. I killed 2 good bucks and 9 hogs. I turned down shots on many animals. If I wanted to kill for the sake of killing I could have filled all my deer tags and probably taken 20 or more hogs. Of course I had a good year. The year before I killed 4 does, one good buck and 14 hogs. Pictures of my kills can be seen on the club web site at http://www.htrdnck.com/THC

Good luck on your club, maybe we will run into each other in Sandersville during lunch one day.

Last edited:

HTRDNCK

There are 3 of us that hunt together. Do you have 3 openings?
We do not go every weekend, but when we go we stay for the weekend.
Call me 404-406-9982.
Rich Kaminski, Joe and Shawn McDonnell

Rich:
We do have 3. I currently have at least 6 openings for sure. There are several current members that I have not heard from. Our Club rules state that they have until April 1 to pay their dues after that it is first come first served. So there essentially are more spots than 6.

As far as staying the weekend.... you will have company because I am the same way. Usually Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues most every weekend through the deer season.

I will try and call you tomorrow. I hate to call folks after 9 at night. Never know when they will be sleeping or kids to put in bed.

Check our website for pictures of past year kills and rule documents. There also is a map that gets you close to the club gate.

Thanks for the interest.

HTRDNCK

we are scheduling tours now for the weekend of may 5th and 6th.

if anyone is interested in going this weekend april 21or 22, we could do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.