We had some FUN today!!

Arrow3

Me and Haven have a friend that owns a big dairy farm in Oglethorpe County....He has a lake that he says is about 75 acres on his property...They irragate over 700 acres of corn out of that lake..Well, the lake is slap FULL of fish...All kinds...All kinds of bream, bass, crappie, and channel cats. We put in at 6:15 this morning and baited up 7 of my jugs with hot dogs...Thats all we had to bait with..Then we started bass fishing...By 11 am we had caught over 50 bass...Most of them coming on top water and floating worms...One problem this lake has is its overpopulated...The biggest bass was only about 2lbs...We have caught a couple of big fish (6-7lbs) over the years but they were put in after stocking...

Several interesting things happened today on the water...First thing was Haven was trolling a crappie jig behind the boat while bass fishing....Something grabbed his jig and jerked is rod in the lake faster then we could blink....Im sure it was a big bass or catfish...We never found it...

Right after that I looked up and spotted a deer coming out of the woods...It was a small 3 point buck....He kept coming and coming and didn't pay us hardly any attention...He wound up walking about 10 yards from us out in the lake and got him a drink of water...

We also wound up having two fish on the jugs...The first one pulled off when I grabbed the jug but he looked to be about 3 lbs...The second one took a gatorade jug down and stayed down over 5 seconds...It took us a while to run him down but we finnaly got him....Nice channel cat looked to be 8-10lbs...We turned all fish loose...

Other then Haven losing his rod we had a heck of a day fishing...:yeah:

Haven has pics on his camera and will post them soon..:cheers:

Hunter Haven

We had a blast today. I mainly threw a spinning rod and reel with 8lb test today with a topwater pooch and a frontrunner tied on in front of it..... the fish would bust the water feeding and I would throw it right there. SPLASH! It was attacked nearly every time. I can not believe how fast my ultralight went flying out of the boat today! I could not have caught it if I was looking at it when the fish hit it! It was a fun day indeed. Here are a few pics of the day.

Attachments

• Farm pond cat.jpg
    Farm pond cat.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 265

Hunter Haven

Here is a pic of Brandon with 1 of many bass today....

Attachments

• Farm pond1.jpg
    Farm pond1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 269

Hunter Haven

and finally here is a pic of 'lil bucky. This lil man cooperated well today to allow me to snap this pic.

Attachments

• Farm pond bucky.jpg
    Farm pond bucky.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 259

Lightninrod

Lawdy but that's a fine day fishin' y'all had:clap: . Great pics too.

Dan

Al33

That had to be a blast! Reminds me of the commercial where it is stated; "It just don't get no better than this".:)

Glad you had a great day but sorry you lost that ultra-light Haven.