What kind of okra

Redbow

Clemson Spineless here as well. I always soak okra seed before planting, it germinates quicker when I do that. Also I wait for warmer weather before I plant okra.

deersled

My wife prefers Louisiana Green Velvet over Clemson Spineless, not sure why. Ill eat it but really only grow okra because she loves it. Plant mine later in May or early June.

basshappy

BANNED
@SC Hunter at my boy's school we start seeds in grow beds already. If you can get your seeds right quick plant them! Then the students transplant the seedlings when it is time later in the spring. Then come late July and August they harvest and they are amazed at how that seed grew into a 4 foot tall plant and produced so much food.

Here is the variety we seed and plant.

71Afe9f+xYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hodaka

I love Stewart's Zbest. Long thin pods that can get 8" long and still be tender. Seed is not real easy to find though, need to find it online. It's pretty expensive too. I start it in 2x2" containers and transplant it 2-3 feet apart. 50 plants give us all we need and put several gallons in the freezer.

I let one plant go to seed to save for the next year.

Gav-n-Tn

Clemson Spineless here too. Be mindful to pick them at a size where they’re still tender. Let them get too big and they get fibery. At the end of the season, let several grow until they’re turning and harvest the seeds for next year. Saving seeds is the only way to halfway come out on a garden.