When to hang deer stands?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
When are you going to hang your lock-on stands for bow hunting? I usually hang my year after year stands a month out. Then i hang a couple 2 weeks out based on current sign.

Jorge

I have all of mine hung no later than 4 weeks prior to the season and then do not go back into my hunting areas until I hunt. Most of my stands are already up now with only 1 or 2 areas left to put stands in.

H

HT2

Stands.......

I've got some still hangin' from last season..........

I check 'em out real good before I get in them........

I'd say half of them stay in the tree and I pull half of them.......

RThomas

I try to get them hung 3-4 weeks prior to the season, but no later than 2 weeks prior.

Larry Rooks

I try and get mine hung by late July or first of August at latest on the local clubs. On the out of state one, I hang em the day before I hunt, no choice on that one

gabowman

Since I hunt exclusively from my climber I take it where I go. I'll have my trees already picked out before the season starts and I'm always scouting new areas. After picking a new spot I'll pick the tree and mark yardages. After I let the place cool down a few days I'll slip in for an afternoon hunt and hang my stand for a few days of hunting to see what's using in that area.
I'll scout alot before the season opens but usually dont hang my climber till the last evening before the season begins.

Jeff Phillips

Right before I climb the tree. 90% of the time I pull it after each hunt too.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Jeff Phillips said:
Right before I climb the tree. 90% of the time I pull it after each hunt too.

Same here, since I hunt all public land. Just do not trust the nature of some people. :whip: