How close are your deer stands?

James12

I only have one and it looks like a camo diaper :). Old place I hunted we had 6-7 on 200 acres, none within a few hundred yards or sight of another.

Geffellz18

Guess it just depends. Historically at least several hundred yards apart, but this season I helped dad move a ladder into the swamp facing one direction, and he moved one of his climbers probably 50-75yrds from it, if even that far to hunt the wind if the ladder wasn’t right for it.
But for semi-permanent stands, I’d say the couple hundred yard guidance still applies.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Here’s a couple on our property for the wife and grandkids. Added hogs for a viewing pleasure. Lols
0C78A507-518B-46E4-8E2A-13C9478CF57F.jpeg

Hunter922

Bow only properties we may have three-four within sight of each other. Wind direction based on shot opps and usual deer travel direction dictates.

HoCoLion91

I have 3 stands on 40 acres. 1 shooting house on a big food plot, 1 tripod on a food plot, 1 ladder on power line. All around 200 yards apart. Not within sight of each other. Usually hunt 2 at a time with my son, sometimes all 3 if we take a guest.

uturn

Archery only for me so there are usually stands that are in close proximity of one another basically for hunting same edge, travel route etc with different winds!

MYRX

Mine are 200 to 300 yards apart and you can not see any of them from another stand. I hunt 800 acres. The property is pretty hilly also.